Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC's purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis accuracy efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Manager, MSS Product Control- Global Finance
- Product control (PC) is an integral control function within Global Markets (GM).
- The role holder will provide support and challenges to the GM business. This role is responsible for PC's oversight for a number of Product Control activities and P&L analysis.
- The role is based onshore in Hong Kong and reports directly to the Hong Kong Product Control Manager.
- Review and Validation of near-shore work including understanding any limitations of the standard process as it applies to their business and adjusting locally for those limitations
- Approval of the P&L before presentation to Front Office
- Ownership and accountability for delivery to, and relationship with, the local Front Office including daily desk head review meetings and delivery of consolidated Key Risk Indicator's
- Running systems to produce data for P&L, risk based attribution and roll based attribution where appropriate.
- Identification and resolving production exceptions.
- Review and validation of the results involving comparison to Trader Estimate and analytical review of the attributed P&L. Analytical review includes review and validation of market environment changes, new business/large deal reviews, cancel and amend analysis, theta / funding, FTP reasonableness, execution costs, unexplained P&L, internal allocations etc. Complex issues would be expected to involve discussion with onshore Product Control.
- Upload of the P&L for review by onshore management.
- Preparation of the P&L commentary. This will include an audit trail from the initial attributed P&L to the final result with justification of any adjustments to enable onshore managerial review.
- Responding to onshore queries and incorporation of any onshore adjustments for which explanations should be received.
- Daily and other KRI production with comments from onshore management obtained as appropriate
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- University graduate from a reputed institution in financial or economic subject or university graduate in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the GB&M products, data flows and interactions.
- Prior experience in working within Financial Markets or a Treasury department
- Excellent written English and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of Financial Markets and risks (products traded, associated risks (including the greeks) and their life cycle, accounting principles and valuation techniques)
- Work independently with minimum guidance and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with people across location and from different backgrounds
- Project Management experience is preferred
- Ambitious, driven and enthusiastic
- Advanced MS Excel
- MS Access and VBA is an advantage
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.