We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.Description
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, as well as a global and regional research and development hub in Shanghai, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country's chemical industry. BASF posted sales of approximately €8.5 billion in 2020 to customers in Greater China and employed 8,948 people as of the end of the year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en.
- In support of the business objectives, performs duties that help develop and implement global motorcycle market strategies. These duties include: Analyzing market and customer trends, monitoring market drivers, analyzing competitive results, addressing global issues/topics, leading the SPA(including Budget) process globally, and collecting data from the Commercial Sales and Applications Engineering organizations.
- Ensure profitability & development for assigned platforms throughout the (PLC) Product Life Cycle (from early sales phase through service parts) from a commercial, technical and quality aspects.
- Create business cases before bidding process, challenges assumptions / data of other functions as well as leads segment steering & KPI management.
- Responsible for development and refining of the PLC process, including driving digital improvements.
- Take care of profitability evaluation for customer quotation, benchmark among customers & among competitors
- Responsible for marketing activities in New Business development
- Define and execute the strategy for global MCY & SE segment in correspondence with whole CCE strategy, including market status and trend analysis, overall market share/profit targeting, competition win approaches, capacity and resources assessment and allocation, etc.
- Support CCE Global Market organization to develop and implement business and marketing process, including providing market intelligence for the development of global goals/target, support global initiatives of marketing process defining, etc.
- Accountable for driving profit targets for MCY segment
- Partners with Sales to develop account plans in line with profit growth target.
- Responsible for driving profitability by implementing pricing strategy and govern at the platform / customer level in collaboration with Sales.
- Define pricing process, bands(including business rules) for new competitions and ensure governance and compliance
- Responsible for increasing transparency of the status and profitability of each individual platform, from early sales phase through serial production, including implementation of business rules across the life cycle
- Global Platform Portfolio Margin Optimization according to targets
- Works closely with the assigned account teams to drive platform success. Ensure actions plans in place to maintain or exceed profitability targets. Tracks and ensures execution of these plans and/or due escalation interacts with other functions including controlling, quality, R&D, supply chain, production, technical, marketing organization but able to operate independently and manage the assigned platforms. Escalates issues where necessary.
- Assistant to the marketing tasks related to CCE new business development, including Cabin Air Filter, Marine, Small Engine and other new business opportunities.
- Kicks off new platforms and ensures all stakeholders have full understanding of program content. Govern the PLC process and hold accountable for a flawless execution to ensure that all performance targets, deadlines, milestones, processes and requirements are met to satisfy both customer and BASF.
- Creates business cases before bidding process for open competition
- Partners with technology to assess the cost / performance of the target competition (incl. substrates handling fees, PGM, and other Business Rules requirements) vs competition to create value adders and enhance our pricing models resulting in higher profits. Performs profitability analysis for the assigned platforms and identifies opportunities to drive margin expansion
- Collaborates with Product Management and internal functions to identify cost reduction initiatives including end to end value chain reviews of unit costs, and partners with other functions to reach their targets.
- Sets OEM level pricing strategy and implementing it in collaboration with Sales in case of technical or other changes triggering new pricing
- Develops external & internal market insights within the assigned platforms and proposes actions to generate higher profits.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (Science or Engineering) preferred, MBA is desirable.
- 8+ years of experience in sales, technical or operations field
- Focus on program/project management with experience in development and production programs with strategic customers preferred.
- Financial acumen required, experience with P&L preferred
- Experience with commercial profitability processes and/or pricing preferred
- Expertise in Project Management Leadership with ability to manage large, complex, global and dynamic projects.
- Fluency (written and verbal) in the English language required, but other languages desirable (German, Chinese)
- Automotive experience (Tier 1 or Tier 2) and knowledge of TS16949 and APQP processes preferred