We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.Description
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of more than €7.3 billion in 2019 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,230 people as of the end of the year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en.
- Responsible for setting up partnerships with other stakeholders in the digital ecosystem in order to ensure the growth and target fulfillments of BASF Digital Incubation Unit
- Responsible for contacting partners, discovering and formulating a joint value proposition, closing cooperation contracts and coordinating with sales such that these actions lead to commercial success through the growth of the company.'
- Understand vertical-specific ecosystems and trends, monitor customer, market, competitor’s activity and provide feedback to the team.
- Acts as the go-to resource for inquiries about startups and other stakeholders with whom the unit should interact outside the Digital Unit (DU) and within the larger ecosystem in which the DU operates
- Coordinates & suggests activities for ecosystem / network / community building, such as meetups, pitch nights, and other events that ensures the Digital Unit is exposed to startups, multipliers (accelerators, co-working spaces and other communities), investors and others (open approach)
- Prepares and develops engagement formats and other types of events between the Digital Unit and curated stakeholders (selective approach)
- Evaluates and suggests partnerships for the Digital Unit, based on knowledge and experience of relevant players and stakeholders that could help the DU in reaching its goals.
- Prepares trend reports in startup screening formats as an alternative way of doing trend and market research and provide input & inspiration to the Digital Unit for new ideas, and flag existing ones
- Keep knowledge up-to-date by attending networking events; maintaining personal networks and representing BASF DIU at events
- Work closely with sales, marketing and BASF management team.
- Support the venture developers in Asia and Europe with network and project support.
- University degree in a technical, engineer, marketing, communications or business focused environment
- Master or MBA is a plus
- Mixed expertise in stakeholder management and communications
- Min 3 to 5 years of experience in B2B business development
- Proven successful Startup-experience or a self-employed station preferred
- Experience in team leadership
- Knowledge of basic startup databases and relevant startup ecosystem players
- Adequate mindset: Open for innovation and change
- Ability to think out of the box/disruptive
- Strategic vision
- Very good communication skills (Proactive information and high responsiveness)
- Business fluent Chinese skills
- Business fluent English skills
- Travel availability (50% min)