We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.Description
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, as well as a global and regional research and development hub in Shanghai, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry. BASF posted sales of approximately €8.5 billion in 2020 to customers in Greater China and employed 8,948 people as of the end of the year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en.
- Define and implement market intelligence processes and conclude strategic measures
- Define and implement pricing strategies and pricing guidance to the business
- Do deep dive data analysis to help manage and reduce business complexity
- Support the mid- and long-term profitability targets of the BU
- Customer Intelligence – Monitor and share demand development (e.g. monthly LMCA analysis on account level) and Identify gaps in Market Share vs Strategy; develop and maintain monthly market commentary which can be shared with GKAM community as part of dashboard; derive action items based on customer intelligence (e.g. customer visit reports or other sources) and introduce topics to relevant Cellasto communities, e.g. Sales, R&D, etc.
- Competitor Intelligence – Define, implement and globally coordinate competitor intelligence processes for same solution (MCU) and alternative solutions (rubber and new innovations), identify threats and opportunities and initiate actions together with the G-KAMs and I&I business owners as well as the BU leadership, conclude strategies to capitalize on opportunities and adjust to market conditions
- Define global pricing concepts and provide pricing strategies for Cellasto® core products by key account, recipe and region. Define limit and target prices and share with Pricing Tool (PMT)-responsible for implementation. Support proper implementation of target prices in PMT.
- Define global pricing concepts and provide pricing strategies for Industrial parts (e.g. elevators), new recipes (e.g. NG SMDI) and new applications (e.g. Sub Frame Mounts) and conclude target prices.
- Define Price Approval Thresholds incl. LTAs, APRs and price modifications and align with management. Define end-to-end Price Approval Process and implement together with PMT-responsible.
- G-KAM & I&I Monitoring – Coordinate monthly business review with the 3 automotive clusters and I&I and provide appropriate data analysis as basis for discussion, continuously develop and improve account dashboards (together with Friedrich)
- Define and implement concepts for complexity management – regularly review portfolio, define and enforce strategies for small businesses (customers and products) based on profitability and strategic potential; align globally with I&I, automotive and BU leadership as appropriate
- Education: University degree in Business Administration
- Working Experience: 5 years and more commercial and business experience
- Technical & Professional Knowledge: SAP and related databases (COBUS, OCEAN, SCII), MS Office applications, Power BI, English proficiency