We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.Description
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, as well as a global and regional research and development hub in Shanghai, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry. BASF posted sales of approximately €8.5 billion in 2020 to customers in Greater China and employed 8,948 people as of the end of the year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en.
- Identify, quantify, prioritize and develop market opportunities for Ultrason® PSU, PESU and PPSU polymers in Electrics & Electronics (E/E) applications
- Lead Ultrason global E/E team and keep the team updated on the E/E market & development from the other regions
- Prospect for leads, validate & create contact with key industry players for next generation applications/markets for Ultrason
- Interact and consult with E/E industry partners, related associations and other stakeholders through the value chain.
- Track and monitor the E/E market with respect to competition, technology developments, and market trends and dynamics
- Coordinate with Global Business Development Teams to track project progression
- Support market segment strategies for accelerated growth of Ultrason® products in China & align globally.
- Collaborate with PM E/E sales/marketing team closely (cross-selling team)
- Build up the understanding of market & value chain for the E/E focus segment
- Understand specialty polymer processes and stakeholders across materials and industries.
- Establish relationships within BASF PM community and interact with current customers and users, at the same time develop new contacts with not-yet -penetrated as well as emerging producers and potential future customers.
- Responsible for developing new business for Ultrason® with focus on E/E applications in Greater China
- Regional product launches based on global guidance
- Coordinate programs / developments as part of Global Marketing and Regional Sales teams for Ultrason® & communicate Ultrason® related developments and initiatives widely within BASF Network.
- Support Global marketing & competitor intelligence collection, reporting. Track and monitor the market with respect to competition, technology developments, and market trends and dynamics
- Education: Master degree in Plastics Processing / Engineering or Chemistry or Production Technology
- A background on the E/E industry we are serving.
- Experience on application development or technical support in the E/E industry
- Working Experience: > 5 years
- Technical & Professional Knowledge: Related working experience on specialty or engineering polymers is preferred