Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Java Engineer.Principal Responsibilities
- Accountable for ensuring the design of the product solutions are cost effective and maintained through the agile development lifecycle, managing the flow of the backlog of design activities
- Ability to influence key stakeholders in order to achieve the best desired outcome
- Responsible for translating detailed designs into robust, scalable and reusable solutions that deliver exceptional user experience
- Breaking down the system functions into multiple-tier API layers and micro services
- Collaborate with team members on reviewing requirements, designs, and code refactoring for appropriateness and provides suggestions for improvement
- Responsible for ensuring solutions are aligned with the platform architecture and roadmap, group standards, regulatory requirements and policies and the overall enterprise architecture for their function
- Provides accurate estimates and status to management, raising issues appropriately
- Be able to demonstrate you can work with distributed teams
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- A minimum of 7 years IT software development experiences with strong experience in Java 8 or above, Spring, Restful Services, Spring Boot and micro-service based architectures
- A track record of delivering change on architecting, implementing, and supporting enterprise-grade technical solutions, preferably in a financial institution
- Good understanding of both RDBMS & NoSQL databases technologies such as DB2, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis or equivalent
- Experience of containerization, ideally using Docker / Kubernetes
- Hands-on technical expertise, acquired through delivering Cloud technologies (GCP, AWS and / or Azure) into a large enterprise
- Strong experience in DevOps tools such as Git, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven or equivalent
- Good understanding with messaging services such IBM MQ, Kafka or equivalent
- Strong work ethic and team player experienced working with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Real passion for elegance and efficiency in software engineering and always strive for continuous improvements via automated processes
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and fluent in English and Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin will be a plus)
- Desired Experienced and Skills
- Demonstrable experience of designing Cloud solutions using a combination of cloud native, 3rd party and on premise technologies
- Good understanding of the challenges and constraints of migrating from existing systems and platforms to Cloud based technologies
- Good understanding of micro services and service mesh concepts like Istio, Nginx
- Experience in deployment & configuration management tools like Terraform, Ansible
- Prior experience in Investment Banking/ Electronic Trading and Financial product knowledge is an advantage
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.