Req. ID: 239241ResponsibilitiesJob Description
As a Field Service Engineer at Micron Technology, you will successfully classify customer-reported problems through the accurate use of sub-resolution, system, and keywords. You will then meet specified timelines according to case priority. You will identify and monitor recurring problems in order to document and/or report them to the Engineering group for resolution. You will also contribute to establishing and maintaining a compliant desktop environment by repairing and providing preventative maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
The qualified candidate will support the day-to-day operations of the IT activities at Micron Shanghai site. He/She will provide support for end-users at Shanghai and other remote sites in China, including client system, office equipment and other miscellaneous client support tasks.Responsibilities
- Meet timelines according to priority.
- Ensure customers and coworkers are kept abreast on the incident status by providing detailed daily incident documentation.
- Update and refer to the Worldwide Knowledgebase and the Field Services Best Practice Library.
- Support uptime targets, warranted by Security Operations, by properly classifying PCs by Managed Level, PC Type, Windows patch level, and upto-date anti-virus system.
- Perform all installations, upgrades, and backups of software and hardware applications.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware failures, and identify network problems when they relate to PCs.
- Provide highlevel customer service.
- Windows client system and peripheral devices support (setup, troubleshooting, maintenance).
- Familiar with Windows Active directory.
- Office equipment support (audio/video conference, printer, scanner, etc).
- Familiar with ticketing system and the process of working with helpdesk.
- IT Assets management.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to establish good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
- Good organizational and timemanagement skills.
- College degree of Computer Science or related engineering degree or equivalent experience/background.Job location:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our
Keywords: Shanghai || Shanghai (CN-31) || China (CN) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Information Systems and Technology || Not Applicable ||Tier 3||