Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an IT Delivery Lead
Within HSBC API & Core Services, we are at the leading edge in the development and delivery of high-quality, reusable banking APIs. The division provides highly reusable, channel and business line agnostic capabilities for the Group. We work in small, agile DevOps teams following Scaled Agile Framework SAFe and run programme increment planning to ensure we deliver value on a regular and predictable schedule.Principal Responsibilities
- Working with the Product Managers to establish effective controls, procedures and quality assurance processes for the product, in line with internal Group Risk and Controls framework
- Support Release Train Engineers (RTE)/Scrum Masters to proactively manage delivery, balancing scope, schedule, resourcing, dependencies, communications, budget
- Manage, monitor and report progress, issues, dependencies, risks to Head of API Delivery Management and make recommendations to influence decision-making
- Financial management of respective domain
- Work closely with RTE to ensure all HSBC IT governance tasks are completed, key HSBC IT individuals are in place: e.g. IT Security Assessments, Testing resources as required to ensure dependencies do not become issues / blockers
- Coordination with fulfilment system owners to ensure resource will be available where planned
- Co-ordinate test data readiness - esp. engagement with other teams systems
- Oversee integration testing planning and track activities required for success
- Create and manage a key 'non-team' stakeholder list required for PI success
- Manage analysis, actions and progress on Delivery RAIDs that can't be resolved in the train
- Ensuring all relevant change request are approved - in order to get code into production
- Escalation point for RTEs and drive upwards escalation where needed
Our technology teams are globally distributed and work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build API & core services that allow our millions of customers around the world to bank quickly, simply and securely. Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, fulfilment specialists, cyber experts, as well as delivery.
Following extensive investment across Digital and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2020 and beyond, we are currently seeking a API & Core Services Delivery Lead to join HSBC Technology.
API & Core Services is embarking on an exciting and bold journey to fundamentally change the way we provide products for channels to consumers. The vision is to use technology and innovation to deliver a simpler, better and faster capabilities while also being more cost effective. QualificationsRequirements
The candidate should have the following competencies:
- Influencing of stakeholders
- Management of delivery in a DevOps environment
- Programme/portfolio management
- Matrix Management
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience working in multi-discipline teams, delivery projects or programmes across different sectors within Financial Services
- Experience with API/Microservices desirable
- Experience managing teams, planning demand and managing resource capacity
- Solid delivery record
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to bring rigour and structure and effective solutions to poorly-defined problems
- Experience working with senior stakeholders in a global environment is desirable
- Navigating - understanding and translating project objectives and aligning direction accordingly
- Aspiring - being ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery
- Driving - setting stretching goals for self and teams and delivering them with courage and tenacity
- Mobilising - authentically engaging with team, colleagues and business partners to deliver at pace
- Sustaining - making considered decisions that protect and enhance HSBC values, reputation and business
- Self-starting, independent, and willing to take on a wide variety of work
- Project Management
- Planning and Plan Management
- Tracking and Reporting
- Risk and Issues Management
- Tracking, Reporting and Governance
- Stakeholder Management
- Impactful communication
- Delivery at Pace
- Problem solving and Critical Thinking
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.