Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Investment Counsellor.Principal Responsibilities
- Provide investment support, education and guidance to clients, prospects and Relationship Managers
- Assess client need, experience, expectations and risk tolerance
- Develop comprehensive investment strategy and asset allocation proposal appropriate to client
- Coordinate execution of investment strategy with appropriate products and services
- Ensure use of open architecture product selection to ensure best in class product offering
- Monitor client portfolios for performance, appropriateness and opportunity
- Provide updates on investment opportunities to clients, prospects and Relationship Managers
- Provide input and support for the development of new business initiatives and product enhancement
- Identify and communicate issues or limitations related to product, platform, operations, systems or pricing
- Ensure integrity of sales process and compliance with all HSBC and regulatory policies
- Maintain current knowledge of competitor investment capabilities, product offering and pricing policies
- To maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Proven track record in investment advisory
- Experience in portfolio management, brokerage or institutional sales useful
- Demonstrated experience in buy side financial markets
- Extensive knowledge of private banking business onshore and offshore, and competitive and regulatory environment
- Client focused, with strong sales, analytic, technical, teamwork and relationship building skills
- Strong negotiation, complex problem resolution, communication and presentation written and oral skills
- Sound judgment, keen sense of urgency, and high level of professional and personal integrity
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.