Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Head of Line Control Asia, Issuer Services
- Develop and maintain effective governance mechanisms for risk and control management within the business
- Provide guidance on the development of relevant policies and control best practices using specialist product knowledge
- Effective implementation and delivery of process and control improvements without impacting on business as usual processes
- Performing Continuous Control Monitoring on behalf of Asia Issuer Services across sites to provide assurance on the design and operating effectiveness of key controls
- Maintain Internal Control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Professionally representing Issuer Services risk and control across the business through proactive key stakeholder engagement at all level of the organization
- Value add risk analysis and scoring presented to senior management forums with agreed remediation plans defined and tracked to closure
- Partnering with line management to reduce operational losses and the incidence of high medium risk audit points
- Incident management, risk assessments and other initiatives and any required remediation
- Work to the agreed Global agenda and meet all delivery requirements
- Actively promotes a positive control culture across the organization
- Project management experience with the ability to lead working groups and project teams
- Partner with business management to continually improve our operational risk control processes and mitigate risks in our business operating models
- Focused on delivering results, positively challenges the status quo, seeks improvement and is resilient in meeting targets
- Manage disparate stakeholders, build consensus, and implement effective business solutions on a global basis
- Manage relationships and coordinate and or leverage other teams outside of Issuer Services Operations such as CCO, Finance, Operational Risk and Internal and external Audit
- Effective planning and progress reporting against agreed initiatives
- In collaboration with Country Heads and Regional heads ensure that all markets operate within Group Standards best practice, and market conduct
- Promote and imbed Global standards, good market conduct and financial crime risk management across the Issuer Services Network with a relentless drive to ensure that we operate within the principles and sprit of our obligations and regulation
- Demonstrable problem solving capability, able to work under pressure and ambiguity to create clear and effective outcomes
- Trusted relationships with ISV Ops peers, business partners and support functions focused on enhancing control whilst reducing risk and operations losses
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Relevant and comparable experience managing and leading a risk and or operations function
- Proven skills and knowledge of post trade operations functions and or working knowledge of Issuer Services as a product and or operational risk awareness for either/both Corporate Trust and Loan Agency
- Solid process, risk and control management skills
- Pro-active problem solving attitude and ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and proven track record of managing and influencing multiple stakeholders across countries and sites
- Analytical and detail orientated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues succinctly and clearly
- Strong delivery focus is essential. The role requires a proactive and articulate individual, comfortable with dealing with senior management and able to distil key messages and tailor output to the audience
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.