Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Our Markets business is one of the largest of its kind in the world. It combines sophisticated 24- hour global coverage with a detailed knowledge of local markets. Our services are offered both online and offline in more than 60 countries and territories worldwide. We specialise in foreign exchange, credits and rates, structured derivatives, equities and debt, equity and equity-linked capital markets.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Head of Governance and Framework - MSS Control Office, Asia.Principal Responsibilities
- Drive the delivery of, and ongoing enhancement of, an integrated MSS governance framework, providing regional stakeholders a holistic risk view and highlighting potential/emerging issues, to achieve effective risk governance oversight
- Manage and drive the Regional ASP MSS Non-Financial Risk (NFR) forum
- Drive consistency, best practice and strong governance across all regional governance forums (including the ARCM and regional and country BCCs)
- Manage and drive the ASP GM Model Oversight Forum (MOF) - partner with COOs to help shape the forum as more forward looking / thematic risk focused
- Holistic ownership of the escalation of issues and information flow up to senior regional and global forums
- Management of the cascade of relevant global and regional issues and decisions down to country and Asset Class MSS/GM/Securities Services forums
- Single point of contact to drive the trigger event process and appropriate read across of events and incidents and ensure that appropriate risk re-assessments are conducted in a timely manner
- Deliver the FRB Periodic Risk Assessment (PRA) for Global Markets ASP, including driving the implementation of the approach into Business As Usual (BAU)
- Ensure timely delivery and implementation of policy changes/updates
- Support framework and risk taxonomy changes driven by Operational Risk changes
- Act as a trusted advisor to Asset Class CCOs on risk assessment best practice
- Manage the Book of Work for Information Control for the ASP Region
- Provide management oversight to the regional BIRO and Information Control Control Officer
- Deliver offshoring capability to support the regional and global Information Control officer
Qualifications / Expertise
- Education to degree level or above in Accountancy, Finance, Law or related field
- Deep understanding of effective risk management governance and particularly as it relates to operational risk management
- Extensive knowledge of investment banking products and services in a global setting
- Strong financial background and proven ability in analytical reasoning, including ability to contextualise financial data into business activities and conclusions
- Strong leadership and management ability, including motivating and influencing employees in the wider organisation
- Non -essential but advantageous would be an understanding of HSBC and MSS structures, processes and objectives
- Broad knowledge of the external environment (regulatory, political, competitors etc.)
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure delivery of a broad range of outputs simultaneously
- Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely and in clear language
- Outstanding relationship management and collaboration skills: ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at the most senior level in the organisation
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group, including the capacity to articulate the case for investments and alternatives in the language of business
- Ability to translate complex problems/situations into appropriately tailored updates to all levels of senior management
- Ability to make decisions and pragmatically solve issues balancing the commercial requirements of the front office with the requirements of the 2nd line risk stewards and audit
- Experience of controls and or audit through significant roles in risk, operations, compliance, legal, audit, front line control gained working in a global investment bank
- Non-essential but advantageous would be experience of working in the front office of a global investment bank
- Experience of interacting with and effectively influencing a wide range of people from across HSBC, of different levels of seniority and from different cultures would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience of interacting confidently with senior stakeholders
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.