Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC.As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Group Tech, Head of LPM, QBR Strategic Tooling.Principal responsibilities
Impact on Business
- Own, develop and maintain Group Technology Lead Portfolio Management and QBR principles, including design of or reference to macro process definition, roles and responsibilities, governance, and tooling
- Own, develop, and maintain the LPM & QBR principles and definition, including application of the Group Technology design, organisational design, business engagement, etc
- Design and develop fundamental shared patterns and principles for Group Technology
- Define transition and target states required during the implementation of LPM & QBR across Group Technology
- Lead appropriate tactical and operational initiatives required centrally to drive Group Technology organisation towards target state LPM & QBR practices
- Ensure all LPM & QBR related work is directed to resolve known operating issues that have been prioritised for resolution
- Ensure all LPM & QBR work is done in accordance with design principles agreed with the Group Technology ExCo
- Ensure all LPM & QBR designs are supportive of the defined Group Technology and WPB strategies
- Provide best practice relating to LPM & QBR, both in design, application and implementation, to Group Technology and HSBC more broadly
- Run effective design governance ensuring coordination of forums, collation of all necessary documents, effective facilitation and knowledge share for both Group Technology
- Ensure effective KPIs are in place to measure LPM & QBR adherence and effectiveness, and track maturity accordingly
Customers & Stakeholders
- Ensure the principle and concepts related to LPM and QBR as applied to Group Technology is available to all staff, is applicable to their operational context, and is unambiguous and clear
- Represent LPM & QBR work and progress with stakeholders across GBGFs including Technology & Business where applicable
- Support Group Technology CIO and ExCo with all issues relating to LPM & QBR design and development
- Collaborate with other Group Technology Agility pillars to apply LPM & QBR patterns and designs to the Group Tech organisation. This includes potentially designing, documenting and leading initiatives to drive required changes
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead a team of LPM & QBR SMEs for Group Technology and WPB Technology, who educate and support leadership with principles, benefits, and application of Group Technology's LPM and QBR principles
- Functionally manage of all Group Technology LPM & QBR team including objective setting, performance management and all other line management responsibilities e.g. Pay & Reward in line with HSBC policy
- Oversee and set direction and adherence to central design principles & model for all LPM & QBR colleagues in the GBGFs via the Communities of Practice
- Ensure all LPM & QBR colleagues are strong practitioners and understand the Group Technology operating model principles that relate to QBR & LPM to enable ongoing design and implementation which is fit for purpose within each GBGF
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Assess and ensure operational readiness of WPB Technology organisation before the implementation of LPM or QBR related changes
- Support CIOs within each GBGFs via Communities of Practice leadership in managing and leading change globally
- Control FTE and ensures maximum staff utilisation through resource deployment onto priority initiatives
- Promote adherence to project / programme governance models
- Drive the continuing development and transformation of business areas to ensure the business operates more effectively and efficiently and is able to deliver HSBCs strategic goals
- Very strong understanding of Scaled Agile principles, with experience and working in scaled agile environment
- Very strong applied knowledge of Lean Portfolio Management principles
- Strong knowledge of Technology, business, and operational practices and processes and their interdependences
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Experience working in a consultative manner with senior stakeholders, specifically in operating model design and implementation
- Experience managing complex enterprise wide business and IT programmes within FTSE100 companies
- Commercially viable and understands digital platforms, services and underlying processes
- Very strong collaboration, influencing and relationship building skills. Proven at delivering effective and successful change in a matrix environment
- Strong people leadership, team work, judgement and decision making, and communication competencies
- Consultancy approach and skillset with the ability to identify and articulate complex problems and solutions
- Respectful and cognizant of the advantages of different working cultures, working with colleagues from across all 5 regions (North America, LATAM, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Europe
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.