Job Description :
Title：Global Sourcing Manager
- Based in Hangzhou/Shanghai (Hangzhou is preferred)
(Our customer is a global fast-growing small domestic appliance company.)
- Strategic Sourcing
- Develop insights from SDA market dynamics, both in supply options and competition scenario, for the optimal OEM supplier and product strategy.
- Utilize Brand’s Strategy to develop and implement Global Sourcing Strategy for their assigned categories/brands.
- Implement and coach in the development of supply base management strategies that lead to sourcing the best product based on the brand criteria while paying attention to total cost, quality, inventory, lead-time, delivery, service and unit cost.
- Initiate and implement contracts with suppliers by working with internal organizations on such matters as minimums, lead times, quality rejections, price changes, sample approvals, and other purchasing matters to ensure overhead costs are minimized and maximum value is received.
- Work with process partners to select strategic business suppliers.
- Work with Brand, Product/Project Managers, Engineering, Logistics and Suppliers to continually identify process improvement and cost reduction/saving opportunities.
- Identify cost saving and lead CIP projects and delivery results.
- Integrate strategic improvement activities with cross functional teams/representatives where required
- Work closely with marketing and brands to determinate the right level of expectations.
- Supplier Management
- Selects suppliers, negotiate long-term contracts where applicable, and maintain performance to expectations.
- Work with sourcing associates to determine supplier key strategic competencies and improve existing sourcing processes.
- Initiates market tests, quality audits, and design proposals, supply base reduction programs to generate profit opportunities.
- Initiates, develops and implements major cost savings in conjunction with Product Engineering, QA, Manufacturing and Logistics with implementation responsibility related to suppliers (e.g., JIT programs for inventory turnover).
- Assess and qualify new suppliers alongside IB cross functional teams.
- Team Leading
- Leads cross-functional teams in identification of opportunities to meet objectives for supplier reduction, creation of value, supply chain improvement, and customer satisfaction
- Identifies areas requiring process improvement. Initiates and leads team - based effort to implement improvements: ensure coordination actions with other Business Units personnel to ensure consistent message.
- Assign tasks and provide direction to team members; display strong characteristics to make logical decisions, interact with other teams, and effectively lead negotiations and resolve issues.
- Leads the operational effort (e.g. quality, product engineering, manufacturing, logistics) to develop strategies and direct high value purchases with the strategic suppliers.
- Lead and motivate direct reports by strengthening sourcing vision, remove road blocks, providing regular feedback, managing their performance assessment and their career path with continuous growth.
Keeps abreast of market conditions, new developments and techniques of manufacturer for assigned commodities by maintaining close liaison with suppliers.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Management Experience
- Experience working within cross-functional teams (experience leading teams a plus)
- Broad knowledge of Corporate Purchasing Practices and negotiation strategies
- Advanced computer skills in SAP and the Microsoft office suite
- Excellent communication skills (ability to speak multiple languages a plus)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of MRPII systems
MBA，NAPM, CPM and APICS CPIM certifications
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to .Anne’s wechat:13636682099
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.