Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as Global Head of Servicing and Head of Wholesale Operation, ASP.
Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
Wholesale Operations offers our employees a fast paced, dynamic working environment with exposure to a wide network of stakeholders such as Commercial Banking (CMB) and Global Banking and Markets, in around 60 countries and territories around the world. Our services are diverse consisting of:
- Credit Services and Collateral Management Utility
- Wholesale Client and Account Servicing
- GLCM Digital Operations
- Global Trade and Receivables Finance
Global Client Servicing Stewardship Accountabilities
- to provide global stewardship for Wholesale Client Servicing (Wholesale Client and Account Servicing & GLCM Digital Operations), responsible and accountable for ensuring consistent cross-bank global delivery, policy, frameworks, standards-setting, oversight and assurance. The Servicing journeys represent c2000FTE globally within DBS Ops plus a broader operational footprint across Wholesale business.
- to manage day to day service management across the Asia Pacific region across all Wholesale Operations teams, ensuring activities are completed to a high standard and in line with the global stewardship framework. The role holder will be responsible for driving streamlining and transformation and managing a robust control environment across all services within ASP. The of the team supporting Asia Pacific Wholesale Ops is c3,1000 FTE and $78M (direct costs).
- As a member of the Wholesale Operations Leadership team, demonstrate role model behaviors and support people development, focusing on developing a fungible workforce with skills for the future
- Seeks out opportunities to continuously drive improvements in the overall experience delivered to customers
- Collaborate effectively, being accountable for the line of business relationship management in ASP as well as for Client Servicing globally
Regional Service Management Accountabilities
- Establishing global Client Servicing goals in Production Quality, Service Quality, Financial Performance, and Operational Risk targets.
- Defining, setting, and monitoring operational policy / strategy for cross-bank operational activity
- Defining and maintaining operational systems and workforce tools to be used cross-bank, helping to standardise globally
- Directing activity to transform and continuously improve end to end services. This will include both direct accountability for global projects as well as working with regional teams to drive and influence local implementation
- Developing and implementing the Wholesale Client Servicing Operating Model aligned to the Wholesale Business Target Operating Model (TOM). Is accountable for evaluating any proposed variance to the Operating Model and accepting or rejecting that proposal
- Working with local stakeholders to ensure regional viewpoints are considered when forming the global strategic direction
- Mitigating and anticipating risks around our control environment through the global design of key controls and identification of any thematic control weaknesses
- Defining, setting, and monitoring workforce and location strategy in collaboration with Global Businesses and Functions
- Drive exceptional delivery of all Wholesale Operations services within the region
- Ensure service performance levels within region are met in line with Performance Level Agreements (PLAs), driving continuous improvement through automation and process streamlining
- Is responsible for engaging in any global, regional or local Transformation programmes impacting Wholesale Operations, ensuring that impacts to Wholesale Operations are fully understood and managed appropriately.
- Manage Operations direct costs and generate agreed target sustainable cost saves
- Ensure all Production Management, Operational Excellence and other operational management tools are used to drive world class operating performance
- Work closely with Business Service global stewards to ensure the region aligns to global strategy, policies, frameworks and standards
- Works with regional stakeholders to provides an informed view to shape the global strategic direction
- Mitigates and anticipates any risk around our control environment through execution of key controls and identification of any control weaknesses
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- The jobholder must be familiar with the global financial services environment, as well as current and emerging operations best practice
- Understanding of the Wholesale business strategy is preferable
- Extensive Operations Management or related experience and a proven track record in delivery
- Experience using a range of data sources to prioritise resource allocation
- Strong experience of managing risk
- Strong program / transformational change management skills
- Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree or demonstration of relevant industry experience
- Wholesale Operations is a global team supporting a number of markets, the ability to converse fluently in more than one language is desirable, English being essential
- Given the role is part of a global team, the jobholder is required to adopt a flexible approach in terms of work location and working hours with significant travel required at times. The jobholder would not be subject to close supervision and will be expected to exercise initiative and judgment in proactively overcoming obstacles to success
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.