Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Global Head of API Engineering - Channels Transformation
.Principle Accountabilities: Impact on the Business
Stakeholders, Leadership & Teamwork
- Provide leadership and accountability across a globally dispersed population of API engineers embedded in a variety of agile teams
- Establish and develop strong technical leadership and relationships with architecture and platform functions to influence and agree approaches to tooling and other design principles
- Ownership and accountability for the design and definition of the Channels Transformation API Strategy and the Standards and Governance that underpins these
- Working with Platform CTO's and Channels Transformation leadership, providing technical leadership in driving transformational change and innovation across the API landscape
- Represent Channels Transformation across the broader WPB and Technology community in relation to API developmemt, delivery and standards
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Work closely with Value Stream Technology Leads across WPB and respective Platform CTO's
- Typically peer to peer, but expected to engage with colleagues 2 levels above peers, other than peer group key individuals likely to be WPB CIO's and Business Architecture stakeholders
- Strengthen stakeholder relationships, building relationships to influence decisions and ensure stakeholder advocacy using organizational knowledge
- Active contribution to the Channels Transformation Leadership community and working closely with colleagues in relation to Cloud strategy and roll out
- Ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
- Lead the roll out of new ways of operating and the skills development across the API Engineering capability within Channels Transformation
- Ensure Channels Transformation goals, objectives and key performance indicators are identified, communicated, agreed and implemented
- Identification, management of key risks and interdependencies, providing appropriate mitigations strategies, continually assessing operational risks across the API landscape
- Promote the ethical management of risks and ensures adherence to audit and changes in policy
- Ensure HSBC is not put at any operational or reputational risk
QualificationsKnowledge and Experience
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Experience of implementing changes to organizational design and operating models
- Technical ability and understanding in relation to an API capability focused on quality and maximum re-use
- Strong understanding of REST API design and development practices
- Ability to understanding the relationship between application design, data and infrastructure
- Large scale and complex enterprise planning capabilities
- Experience in relation to cyber security and knowledge of Cloud
- Experience of agile at scale methods, using Scaled Agile and DevSecOps tools and processes
- Demonstrable success in understanding and delivering towards customer needs in large, complex organizations
- Commercially aware and understands platforms, services and underlying processes to fulfill these
- Ability to lead and influence across a broad range of the Technology organisation
- Managing operational functions, directing process re-engineering and efficiency exercises
- Strong ability to balance risks vs. rewards and maximizing the cost effectiveness and profitability for the business
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.