Job Description :
The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.Responsibilities:
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.Job Summary
Citi Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every single day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
We value Diversity. It is a key business imperative and a source of our strength. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. We have made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
This is a hands-on Sr. Java developer role with strong technical, good knowledge of Agile, DevOps and other modern development practices. The candidate is responsible to develop innovative solutions that not only meet functionality requirements but meet performance, scalability and reliability requirements while adhering to implementation schedules, development principles and product goals.Job Responsibilities
- Work as Java engineer in Shanghai and support team lead to deliver comprehensive business solution support multiple banking applications together with global teams in other locations.
- Decent understanding of IT fundamentals
- Ability to care for clean and testable code
- Ability to work with others to contribute to large projects
- Positive interpersonal relationship with others in communication and problem resolution
- Competitive salary with full benefits including retirement
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted banking products
- Meaningful impact
- Inclusive work environment
- Equal opportunities
- Social benefits
- Private healthcare and pension plans
- Opportunity to gain experience in DevOps and Openshift enterprise solution practice, Event Driven Design Practice, ELK/Kafka/Reactive Programming, in-memory Databases, investment banking, markets and trading knowledge
- Successful reference and background check
- Have a Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE, Mathematics or related majors
- With Financial knowledge or background is a plus
- Decent oral/written communication skills and ability to facilitate discussions
- Quickly grasp/master new requirements and related knowledge
- Ability to learn/understand technical implications of system design
- Good team player in solid/matrix reporting organizations
- Willingness to ask questions, challenge the process and seek out answers
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Proven Java background (6+ years)
- Good English verbal and written communication skill
- Hands-on experiences on Core Java, Spring Framework
- Solid experience in UNIX/Shell scripting
- Functional programming skills would be excellent plus
- Experience with Docker/Openshift/ELK as a plus
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .
View the poster. View the .
View the .