KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world's leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow's electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.Group/Division
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Engineering, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
As product engineers we are actively engaged in the Service & NPI continuity processes for the Broadband Plasma systems covering multiple aspects of product development, service readiness, field support & reliability improvements. This includes driving serviceability requirements for various system and subsystems. The Product Engineer must possess strong sense of purpose, continually seek to improve self, others, and processes. Continuous serviceability improvements include cost of service reductions, operational efficiency, creating new technologies, innovative ideas, and new effective ways of servicing our products. Work requires coordination with many engineering fields as we play the central role in the product serviceability development and continuation throughout the life of our products. Must be effective in matrixed work environment. Travel may be required. We are looking for candidates who are seeking professional growth and can demonstrate leadership attributes.
This position will be focused on Systems Engineering fields.Your responsibilities would include the following:
- Gain a systems-engineering level knowledge of highly complex, cutting edge systems including opto-mechanical, Automated Wafer handling and, Data management/Server disciplines
- Support internal and external customers in the operation, installation, upgrade, diagnosis, repair and application of systems.
- Respond to situations where first-line support has failed to resolve problems by providing written plans of action by e-mail or hands-on assistance at customer sites in the US, Asia, and Europe.
- Analyze product performance for key contributors to poor performance and work with engineering teams to understand root cause and develop improvement plans.
- Write technical reports to communicate issues, analysis, technical assessments, system status, and engineering recommendations.
- Implement and track progress of the NPI/Sustaining work. This will include Diagnostic improvements, software feature requirements development, training plans and documentation planning and contribution.
- Work closely with Engineering, attending concept and design reviews to provide feedback on serviceability of new designs and potential improvements
- Drive small projects in matrix environment