Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.JR8615 ENGINEER - PACKAGE DESIGNJob Description
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- As a Package Design Engineer within the Package Development and Engineering team for Micron Technology, you will provide package definition and designs for advanced semiconductor devices. You will be working with a cross-functional team across several geographies to create package design databases such as package stack-up, simulation, route-study, substrate/lead frame layout, wire bond diagrams, and other design documentation. You will be required to complete design activities within the project schedule and ensure that design outputs are within Assembly and vendor capability.
Contribute to a SafetyCompliant Work Environment
- Support feasibility studies and risk assessment for various package options
- Support package technology development, including material selection, process development, DOEs, and related activities
- Support packaging IP development
- Provide design support for thermal/mechanical/electrical simulation analysis
- Support the design group's continuous improvement efforts
- Support global design alignment activities
- Contribute to package design rules and system development
- Contribute to the Competitive Analysis review process
- Design highly integrated packages with an emphasis on optimal electrical performance, manufacturability, and reliability.
- Lead set up of designs, rules, and routing methodologies
- Lead package and DFMEA (Design for Manufacturing) reviews. Guide design reviews with assembly engineering and subcon teams
- Generate documentation. Ensure timely updates of all assembly documents in database. Provide accurate drafting and drawing support for package drawings, interposer drawings, and manufacturing drawings
- Work alongside assembly engineering to work with PCB suppliers, OSATs, and other ecosystem partners. Translate their requirements into packaging solutions
- 'Knowledge in Package Signal Integrity'
- Identify and promptly report hazards
- Follow safety procedures and area work rule
- Operate and maintain equipment and tools within manufacturer and company guidelines
- Use proper lifting techniques and work in an ergonomically correct manner
- Good computer skills and proficient in MS Office
- CAD experience
- Detail orientated
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and work in a team environment
- Fundamental electrical circuit knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
A Bachelor or Master (preferred) of Science degree in Electrical (preferred) or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent industry experience.Experience
3 years of industry or curriculum-based semiconductor packaging experience in any of the following areas:
About Micron Technology, Inc.
- Substrate Design (flip chip / wire bond)
- PCB Design
- Signal/Power Integrity Analysis/Optimization
- Cadence and AutoCAD tools
- Assembly Process/Materials
- Assembly DOE definition/management
- Product Engineering
- Quality and Reliability
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich lifefor all
. With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron® and Crucial® brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities - from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
Please note that in order to assist in providing a safe and healthy workplace for all Micron team members, new employment offers for jobs based in the U.S., Singapore and Malaysia are contingent upon the applicant's provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document to Micron on a confidential basis prior to their scheduled start date confirming that they have completed the COVID-19 vaccination process, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations,please contact
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.