Job Description :Why Patients Need You
Your in-depth knowledge and financial skills will keep our products in production and our innovators innovating. Whether you are part of establishing, coordinating, researching, or administering financial operations, your role is critical to getting our medicines in the hands of the people who need them most, faster and more efficiently than ever before.What You Will Achieve
Your accounting skills will help prepare the financial reports, maintain and oversee the accounts and financial records of the company. You will be responsible for preparing the Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss statements, amongst other accounting schedules and reports. You will update the journals, ledgers, and other records of financial business transactions. You will verify this data for accuracy and prepare reports and reviews based on it. You will also design, modify, and maintain the computer-based accounting systems. You will be responsible for the adherence to and communication of the accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
As an associate, your focus on the job will contribute in achieving project tasks and goals. Through your domain knowledge and commitment, you will create a collaborative teaming environment for your colleagues.
It is your dedication that will help make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Contribute to the completion of project milestones and organize own work to meet project task deadlines.
- Identify issues proactively and communicate to manager along with potential range of solutions.
- Prepare financial and accounting analysis completely and accurately.
- Maintain elements of domestic and/or international general ledgers including the preparation of journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date Work Instructions, Job Aids and Desktop Procedures documentation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and colleagues of diverse backgrounds, including different departments, cultures, business units and countries.
- Lead select activities involving the month end close, take initiative to understand complex problems and consistently meet deadlines with little to no assistance.
- Lead the implementation of continuous improvement projects.
- Engage directly with business partners on routine activities and deliverables.
- Work independently to produce standard and regular reports as required for the operation.
- Assist in providing key support for internal and external related audit activities, including the timely and accurate delivery of audit requests.
- Prepare complete and accurate standard operating procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley related internal control documentation involving new activities and/or process changes as required.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated experience in finance or accounting with the ability to deal with numbers accurately
- Proven ability to maintain professionalism and possesses the ability to interface with all levels of colleagues
- Demonstrated advanced technical US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and financial reporting knowledge and experience
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Public accounting experience
- Enterprise Resource Planning e.g. SAP system experience
- System Application & Products and Hyperion Financial Management skills
- Demonstrates problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.Finance & Accounting#LI-PFE