Our client, a famous local art authority is looking for an Editor, Digital Content (English) to assist the museum projects.
- writing, editing, and producing online articles related to M+ and its areas of interest, including the M+ Collections, visual culture, and museological activities;
- creating clear, engaging content for M+’s digital channels, including its social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook), newsletter, and its online magazine website;
- managing the editorial calendar for M+ digital properties: tracking the creation, editing, translation, and publishing of all content;
- editing, fact-checking and proofreading online text, from curatorial essays to video transcripts and closed captions, to ensure the museum’s web content is accessible, authoritative, and aligned with M+ style;
- uploading, publishing and managing online content using the museum’s content-management system;
- liaising with third-party contributors to communicate deliverables, deadlines, and revisions, and working with freelancers to edit and translate text appearing online;
- coordinating with the museum’s rights and reproduction and curatorial teams to select and clear rights for images and other content appearing online;
- drafting documents as needed for the procurement of third-party editors, translators, and other service providers; and
- contributing to big-picture strategies that will drive the long-term development of M+, a museum of visual culture based in Hong Kong with a global vision.
- possess a recognised university degree or equivalent;
- have at least 3-5 years of experience in digital journalism, digital media/communications, or digital content marketing;
- be a native English speaker or equivalent, and be able to write and edit in English to the highest level;
- preferably have knowledge of Cantonese or Putonghua;
- be extremely organised, with close attention to detail;
- have strong people skills, and be able to work well with a variety of personalities;
- be conversant in social media and social media best practices;
- have experience in publishing web content on CMS platforms;
- have an interest in exploring new ways to tell stories and engage audiences, for instance with emerging platforms such as Instagram Stories; and
- have an interest in visual-culture topics such as design, architecture, art, or moving image.
To apply for this position, please simply click on the APPLY NOW bottom. All applications will be treated in strict confidence, and used for recruitment purposes only in accordance with Kelly Services Hong Kong Limited’s Privacy Notice.