About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%27s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%27re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities %26amp; Our Ideal Candidate
- Support the Global Head of Correspondent Banking in implementing the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for the FCC Correspondent Banking Program, consistent with the vision and strategy for FCC and in support of the Group’s strategic direction and growth aspirations.
- Work closely with First Line stakeholders to identify, investigate, manage and/or remediate Correspondent Banking financial crime risks originating from and/or impacting SC’s Correspondent Banking business in GCNA.
- Provide ongoing financial crime risk training and advisory support, as needed, to First Line country / regional teams on the FCC Correspondent Banking Program to ensure awareness of internal controls, policies and procedures and regulatory expectations.
- Stay abreast of developing landscapes across markets within the GCNA region whilst assessing and advising on impact and required next steps.
- Ensure effective implementation of the FCC Correspondent Banking Program and Regional Correspondent Banking DOI in the GCNA region.
- Ongoing oversight of financial crime risk controls in Correspondent Banking to determine their adequacy and propose appropriate enhancements to existing controls, and any new controls being developed, to align with industry best practices and regulatory expectations
People and Talent
- Ensure FCC Correspondent Banking GCNA is adequately resourced with competent staff able to perform duties in accordance with internal policies and values; supporting sustainable business growth by addressing financial crime risks.
- Responsible for promoting and embedding a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness consistent with internal policy, industry standard, best practice and SCB’s values.
- Support and provide ad-hoc trainings and workshops specifically tailored for Correspondent Banking as and when appropriate.
- Responsible for reducing the concentration of financial crime risk inherent in the Correspondent Banking portfolio in GCNA through effective execution of SC’s risk management principles including, but not limited to, leading correspondent banking investigative efforts, performing KRI reviews, client engagement, training and education, regulatory and law enforcement engagement and tracking of remediation plans.
- Educate respondents on international best practices, industry guidelines as well as the Group%27s values and standards for financial crime through Correspondent Banking Academies, in overall support of SCB’s De-risking through Education initiative.
- Ongoing engagement with stakeholders to ensure effective client due diligence, escalations, product reviews and business feedback loops on FCC related matters
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management and relevant regulators are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Track significant issues arising from FCC metrics, FCC Assurance activities, Audit reviews and regulatory inspections, providing validation of issue closure where necessary
- Track all GCNA Correspondent Banking FCC risks to closure, ensuring appropriate risk mitigating actions are taken and updates / reports are produced to the relevant governance forums / committees in a timely and consistent manner.
- Ensure appropriate escalation and representation of Correspondent Banking risk at the GCNA CBOG and other relevant leadership meetings and governance forums, such as EFCRC, BORFs, etc.
- Attend and present regularly at the monthly Correspondent Banking FCC (CBFCC) Forum on the high-risk clients/issues pertaining to GCNA.
- Prepare and cascade lessons learned from audit findings, FCC assurance activities and specific investigations.
- Drive and support projects within Correspondent Banking book of work as assigned by Global Head, Correspondent Banking.
- Collate, analyse and interpret data in reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCC function.
Regulatory %26amp; Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the GCNA FCC Correspondent Banking Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Ensure tracking and remediation of regulatory findings related to Correspondent Banking in the GCNA region.
- Global Head of FCC Correspondent Banking
- GCNA senior business managers including Transaction Banking, Global Banking business and sector heads
- FCC and broader CFCC GCNA teams
- Global FCC Correspondent Banking teams
- Regional FCC teams
- Country FCC Teams/CMLCOs
- FCC Controls
- Regulatory bodies such as HKMA and PRA/FCA
- Support of outreach activities including contribution to industry thought leadership and speaking engagements.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.