The Director of Manufacturing Engineering is responsible for overseeing vendors and managing a team
of engineers in the field supporting new product introduction and continuing-product order fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will be on-site leading Lean manufacturing process improvement, implementing
Quality Management Systems and Design for Manufacturing. This position will be a key partner with
both the entire Research & Development organization and will report directly to the COO while working
closely with VP Asia Operations.
Work with vendors and our Carson Design Engineers to execute engineering design, analysis and testing
and to execute product development deliverables on time from concept to product commercialization.
- Leadership: Lead a team of engineers in China to perform engineering assignments requiring the
- development of new or existing product, systems and processes as a technical individual contributor and project team lead.
- Establish organized and succinct (English) communication channels with Carson at the executive and working team level.
- Technical: Apply Lean Manufacturing principles to support product and process validation.
- Provide engineering and technical support to production with respect to product specifications an requirements. Guides the successful completion of major programs or projects.
- Teamwork: Will require cross-functional collaboration with the Carson and Hong Kong new product development teams. The position requires a team-oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with vendors.
- Efficiency: Experienced in managing projects with tight timelines and budgets. Self-driven and always look for more efficient and effective ways of achieving results. Results will be measured inthe development of new or improved products on time in accordance to timeline.
- What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrate ability to perform engineering tasks to support product design and development
- Demonstrate good knowledge of engineering and manufacturing principles in order to resolve complex problems
- Ability to develop and enhance new product development and manufacturing processes
- Able to trouble-shoot manufacturing issues. Able to coach engineers and vendors on root-causeand corrective action.
- Work collaboratively with teams (technical teams and cross-functional teams) to successfullydevelop new products in a specified timeline
- Capable of leading the China team and communicate effectively with vendors on achieving newproducts on time.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of your time primarily focused on Southern China manufacturing sites.
- Should also be available to work in Hong Kong office with your Planning & Supply Chain partners ona weekly basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Plastics, Electronics, Industrial) required
- A minimum of 10+ years related work experience
- Factory management experience a plus
- Very good understanding of plastic part design, injection molding, extrusion, roto-molding, blow molding and manufacturing processes plus furniture manufacturing and process.
- Experience in the design of complex engineering grade plastic parts, mold design, and processing ofengineering grade resins
- Well versed (ability to read and write) in Cantonese, Mandarin and English
- Experience working across cultures very important
We offer attractive salary plus comprehensive fringe benefits and excellent opportunities for career
advancement. Interested candidates please send full resume with contact telephone number, present
and expected salary to msavastano @ lakeshorelearning.com