Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job DescriptionThe Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering Director, Finance Advisory & Analysis with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.Overview of Manulife's Asia Wealth and Asset Management (WAM) Businesses:
We are a leading fully-integrated asset and wealth manager with over US$ 110 billion of assets under management across retail mutual funds, retirement / pensions and institutional asset management in Asia. As part of the global team of 425 investment professionals, our Asian footprint features truly regional teams of over 180 investment experts spread across 10 Asian markets. Our combined wealth and asset management platform allows us to bring to our customers objective-oriented, format-agnostic solutions across a broad spectrum of equity, fixed income, pensions, insurance and wealth products in public and private asset classes. Manulife boasts a captive distribution channel with a 70,000-strong Manulife agent and direct sales network. Our institutional foothold in Asia has been expanding, with AUM more than tripled and number of clients increased by seven times over the past five years. We also have a growing intermediary distribution network, another key channel to grow our retail business in the region, through our partnership arrangements with banks and independent financial advisors. Our team-focused approach fosters an environment of collaboration and partnership across and within different teams, functions, and geographies.Job summary:
Reporting to the Head of Finance Advisory and Analysis, WAM Asia, this critical role will be responsible for contributing to the high-quality financial reporting and advice to help successfully execute on the growth aspirations of the Asia WAM business.
The role requires a highly capable and accountable finance and business partnering professional. The role is responsible for the delivery of timely, well-articulated financial performance reporting and analysis, proactive identification of strategic and commercial opportunities, significant input into the planning and forecasting process for the WAM business, and is a key business partner to the WAM Asia leadership and broader business.
Responsible for proactive identification and execution of continuous improvement opportunities, with specific focus on process and efficiency. The role will too provide input and support on a variety of Business, Divisional and Group Finance initiatives.
Requires a highly engaged professional focused on contributing to a high performing team and driving high levels of engagement across the WAM Asia Finance function (including shared services). Requires an ability to influence outside direct lines of accountability and across a matrix structure, making effective and efficient use of scarce resources and leveraging broader organization scale and shared service functions.What motivates you
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
On the job you will: Business Partnering and financial reporting and analysis
- University Qualified with recognized professional designation (CPA, CA, CMA or CFA)
- 7+ years progressive financial management, business partnering and advisory experience, with extensive experience from within a financial services organization, asset management / investment industry experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and commercial experience, with demonstrable capability to understand and analyze compl
- ex concepts and articulate big picture perspective
- M&A Finance experience
- Strong business partnering, interpersonal and stakeholder management, with demonstrable experience of negotiating and influencing across a wide range of stakeholders
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, having extensive experience working within a matrix organization with both direct and indirect reporting influence, to effectively collaborate and leverage teams / individuals across multiple geographies
- Strong attention to detail with excellent judgement, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to cater a message to various stakeholders, including senior individuals.
- Proven ability to be proactive and work independently or part of a team, whilst thriving in a fast paced, high-performing environment whilst managing multiple, changing priorities and requests
- Proven accomplishments as a change agent with strong execution capability and focus on control and process improvement
Project & Strategy support and analysis
- Accountable for the providing high quality financial information and analysis for the WAM business, and value added insight and strategic support in the execution of the WAM Asia business plans.
- Working with the FP&A team, Country Finance teams and WAM business, responsible for the delivery of accurate and timely performance reporting together with high quality commentary.
- Working collaboratively with the WAM business leaders and finance partners, effectively manage the financial planning process for WAM Asia.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing continuous improvement with respect to the finance processes, controls and performance reporting and analysis.
- Manage the needs of senior management through the provision of value added analysis, with in-depth understanding of WAM business and broader market trends.
Leadership and Team Development
- Provide commercial input and financial analysis and support in the WAM strategic initiatives and business projects.
- Accountable for the oversight of project financials and performance tracking of implemented initiatives.
- Involvement in M&A specific projects on financial review & due diligence
- Divisional and Group Finance initiative support as required, with accountability to deliver on assigned project deliverables within prescribed timelines.
- Role model behavior for embedding a culture of innovation and continuous improvement, providing input into and leading initiatives as required.
- Effectively triage and manage expectations against competing priorities and deadlines.
Our commitment to you
- Provide strong interpersonal skills with a specific focus on team development.
- Provide regular and constructive feedback to the team.
- Cultivate an innovative environment by supporting creativity and high-performance teamwork.
- Focus on strong team engagement and team morale.
- Build effective relationships across a wide stakeholder group, including forging credibility with WAM Business and broader Finance function
- Manage and influence teams and individuals on an indirect reporting basis, across a matrix structure.
- Our mission to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
About Manulife Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services provider that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and our global wealth and asset management segment, Manulife Investment Management, serves individuals, institutions and retirement plan members worldwide. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2021, we had CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.3 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as MFC on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under 945 in Hong Kong.Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [Confidential Information] .