About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
- To execute and manage the strategy for selling solutions across all Transaction Banking products to a FI clients.
- Working in conjunction with the coverage team, to agree & deliver revenue and activity targets for the client portfolio (based on client planning) and actively call on the client base & the client relationship strategies are implemented.
- To maintain ongoing contact with customers to ensure the targeted level of return on Trade finance
- To manage the transfer of best practices between markets, in order to leverage our Transaction Banking capabilities with the client portfolio.
- To manage the Transaction Banking relationship across all products for a portfolio of clients.
- To undertake and manage RFP and deal processes for the specific client base, to ensure optimal solution provided and presented to the customer working with sales, product management and operations to deliver the desired results. To ensure smooth deal implementation and adherence to high levels of service quality.
- To provide feedback to Product Management on customer needs, trends and market intelligence, and to provide direction on proposed project programme initiatives to central product management teams. To keep abreast of customers&rsquo needs, trends and product/market intelligence for new product developments/ enhancements, strengthening SCB&rsquos competitive position in this field.
- Conduct Market events to share best practices standards and raise SCB visibility.
- Ensure adherence to the risk management framework in identifying, controlling, monitoring and reporting of risk.
- Ensure sufficient actions are undertaken to mitigate, reduce and contain the identified operational risks.
- Undertake and/ or coordinate periodic business monitoring activities, escalating issues to the segment head.
- Work in conjunction with TBSM&rsquos and FI to engage the client for successful closure of all RFI&rsquos.
- Ensure adherence to all FCC policies.
- While ownership rests with Coverage team, facilitate the obtain documentation for any escalation cases.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risk and compliance policies and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Correspondent Banking to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Comply with CBIRC regulations.
Unit Head/ Global Account Managers and Relationship Managers for the client relationships within coverage
- To assist with client plans and gain commitment for rolling our sales plans.
- Train and guide GAMs /RMs in working capital transaction banking products and services to facilitate achievement of sales plans.
- To resolve issues and ensure service levels are met as per standards agreed upon.
- To maintain open and constant dialogue, proactively handle clients feedback to ensure a high level of service is given to clients to resolve issues, answer inquiries etc.
- To be able to detect any suspicious transactions, Money laundering, etc.
- To provide market intelligence on any client adverse media, business practice, etc.
Regional/Country Heads/Global Account Managers
Other Responsibilities:Accountability Review
- To leverage experiences of rollout of our products and services in their markets and in the structuring of complex network solutions for cross-border deals with all clients.
Our Ideal Candidate(Product Knowledge, qualifications, years of industry/product experience, interpersonal skills, etc)
- Understand, acknowledge and comply with the requirements onindividual accountabilities and responsibilities of the job set out in applicable local laws and regulations as well as SCB internal policies
- Effectively ensure and intensify internal controls by keeping abreast with developments of applicable local laws and regulations on accountabilities
- Perform job duties with diligence, contribute to efforts as an individual or as a team member so as to avoid any actual or potential legal sanctions, regulatory penalties, material financial loss, or adverse reputational impact on the Bank
- Be responsible for failure to follow relevant rules and processes, failure to properly perform the responsibilities, and implement corrections
- Cooperate with any investigations or reviews on regulatory failure such as accountability review
- Properly perform the duties on management and ensure the effectiveness of internal control
- Be responsible for regulatory failure or risks arising from or in connection of the event over which the employee has the duties of management and/or leadership
- Be responsible for significant losses due to failure of effectiveness of internal control
- 8 to 10 years of banking experience and at least 3-5 years of hand-on experience in the Financial Institutions sales/relationship management field. Solid knowledge of Cash and Trade products.
- Experience in senior level client management, sales territory management and managing people and teams is important, as is interpersonal skills, presentation and negotiation skills, oral and written communications. Understanding of the bank operations, treasury, trade finance, money markets and regulations on a local and regional level is needed. Have a good knowledge of the Groups Policy, Standards, local regulations and legislation of the prevention of money laundering.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.