Job Description :
As an Assembly Engineering Director, you will be responsible for managing the achievement of business objectives for the Assembly area. You will collaborate to develop, execute strategic plans and make business decisions. Your job scope will cover all Assembly operations including New Product Introduction/Qualification/Ramp, Supply Chain Support, Process/Equipment/People development, Manufacturing Operations, etc. Roles include directing and controlling staff, developing and implementing strategic capacity planning, driving continuous improvement and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of relevant technology. In this role, you will be coordinated with PDE, Test and Manufacturing Operations as well as participating in the Site Leadership Team and Assembly Leadership Team.
Responsibilities And Tasks
- Ensure clear direction, performance goals, job profiles and job expectations are established for all Team Members. Provide a work environment that empowers employees to creatively improve their work environment, instills a sense of ownership, and supports a team effort.
- Complete written evaluations and a mid-year check-point for each direct report once per year. This includes performance appraisals and work plans that outline Team Members’ strengths and weaknesses, identify areas for improvement, and include a plan for with specific guidance for improving skills. Be specific on the overall performance of the direct report in each category. Clearly outline goals for each Team Member that will impact department goals. Update SuccessFactors with employee information.
- Partner with Team Members on establishing aggressive but achievable goals. Maintain a balance between task-related goals versus results-driven goals.
- Execute short-term goals within Production Operations to meet company Strategic Objectives
- Drive accountability through clear communication, informal feedback, effective project management, and appropriate usage of metrics.
- Ensure that promotion and recognition programs are aligned to recognize and incentivize high-performing Team Members.
- Ensure that low-performing Team Members are systematically identified and managed.
- Provide Vision and Mission for Production Operations. Ensure that this vision aligns with needs of the business both internal and external to operations.
- Work with key stakeholders on Production Operations process, systems, methodologies, capabilities and roadmaps. Production Operations to include, Front end operations tactical management support, front end Quarter lock, Cycle time management and etc. Ensure that such support meet Fabs expectations to enable achievement of Tactical objectives and business plan.
- Ensure alignment of Production Operations to close gaps to benchmark in asset efficiency and cycle time. Work in close partnership with MFG sites and supply chain to install correct countermeasures and ensure their continuity into the future.
- Develop and track metrics regarding Fab Production Operations performance. Ensure plans are in place to drive key factory metrics to industry-leading performance.
- Create an environment with your group that encourages innovation and technical leadership.
- Work with business partners to ensure best talent is mobilized to business-critical deliverables.
- Progress skills roadmap in the fields of project management, business process development and management, and LEAN/Six sigma.
- Conduct ongoing metrics reviews of critical group deliverables to business. Ensure that work reviews are conducted on all programs, projects and critical activities to ensure achievement of committed performance. Establish structure for subordinate manager to conduct such reviews within their teams. Ensure that such reviews are aligned and effective.
- Provide direct leadership on most critical group deliverables and escalated performance items to ensure barriers are removed and correct resources are applied. Ensure that timely and transparent communication with business partners if performance issues will risk business objectives.
- Develop group leadership to ensure all Team Members receive quality leadership, performance management and assistance from their management team to achieve or exceed expectations.
- Provide monthly one-on-one sessions to review progress to the Work Plan and adjust training and performance goals.
- Facilitate the Production Managers and Global Inventory Managers regular meeting with key business partners. Ensure that resources are assigned to drive actions defined from meetings.
- Execute, maintain, and continuously improve operations project management and business process in alignment in accordance with QMS standards.
- Effectively manage team’s internal and worldwide meeting structure. Ensure meetings are efficient, effective and targeted to achieve required outcomes.
- Coordinate escalation issues between manufacturing sites as required to drive operations objectives.
- Provide regular and structured communications to your team, including progress toward strategic objectives, operations goals, priority projects, and company status. Ensure that Team Members are well-engaged and motivated to achieve group and company objectives. Ensure that subordinate managers communicate consistently and in alignment with your regular communications.
- Ensure that structured communications with Team Members provide proper motivation and optimism toward achieving Production Operations execution.
- Provide a work environment that empowers employees to creatively improve their work environment, instills a sense of ownership in Production Operations, and supports a team effort.
- Ensure that leaders, at all levels, engage in productive two-way communications with Team Members.
- Provide regular Production Operations updates to key business partners. Updates should show progress against timelines and metrics to add to vision and direction.
- Develop external relationships to achieve new ideas and procedures to keep pace with industry standards and methods.
- Manage communication on critical projects and activities through methodology. Be prepared to share status of any underperforming project or activity, along with actions required to resolve performance problems.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity - Show respect for different cultures and languages; learn to pronounce names correctly; speak English slowly and clearly when interacting with non-native English speakers; invite feedback to ensure that others understand.
Training and Career Development
- Ensure that the group’s training roadmap is maintained. Focus on developing leading-edge skills and preventing isolated skill sets that risk business continuity.
- Ensure that all leaders have required leadership training and fully understand manager expectations for the position.
- Ensure that leaders set specific training plans, performance goals and development activities for their Team Members.
- Hold quarterly career development discussions with direct report and ensure leaders do the same for Team Members.
- Ensure that leaders are involved in and supporting the use of training plans.
- Leverage company’s training tools and programs for standardization and efficiency.
- Ensure that training is provided to partners, internal and external, for business processes.
- Establish and maintain GJS skill sets for each position in your group.
- Develop potential successors within your group and coach/mentor to develop skills.
- Provide leadership for process safety management systems development and sustainment. Target to achieve zero major event occurrences across the manufacturing network.
- Maintain knowledge of equipment and materials safety concerns.
- Ensure that all sites understand any safety concern for equipment installation and have access to equipment and materials safety information.
- Encourage and create a culture of safety.
- Engage proactively in safety-related issues, and utilize corporate and site safety resources to escalate issues as appropriate.
- Champion Micron’s Good Catch program with the entire team. Reward and recognize contributions to a safe work environment.
- Has depth of understanding and ability to manage of worldwide business process. Able to adopt a business process approach in worldwide networks. With 10 plus years Assembly area leadership experiences.
- Has depth of understanding on project management to manage worldwide projects.
- Has high business savvy to work with business partners to create win-win relationship.
- Depth of understanding business units (BU’s) direction and technical background to understand product quality.
- Ability to escalate critical issues and communicate with upper management.
- Has the latest performance as exceed expectation.
- Has depth of understanding process operations matters and can give correct total priorities of yield and product qualities to direct reports.
- Has the agility to manage and execute prioritized action items from both tactical and strategic point of views.
- Can maintain good communication with business partners to create win-win relationship.
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to . You can also reach us at +886-2-2757-7268#288.
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.