The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Delivery Head.Principal responsibilities
- Engage key Country Operations Heads and Business Service leads in China, Malaysia, Indonesia, India to identify opportunities in alignment with their directions to achieve higher operational efficiency and enhanced customer experience
- Understand end-to-end processes in local markets and analyze operations needs / business problems in WPB, Wholesale, Payment and Risk
- Join up IT product owners to devise quick wins and strategic IT solutions to fulfill business/ operations objectives in alignment with IT strategy and roadmap
- Participate actively in portfolio planning, understand priorities and ensure compliance to respective internal/external regulatory requirements in the markets
- Navigate effectively across the organization (in the market/region and globally) and make recommendation to influence decision-making to drive positive results
- Be a trusted advisor to provide best-in-class and innovative solutions that are commercial viable
- Meet objectives of Technology, Operations and Global Business/Global Functions in an effective and balanced manner
- Own and drive delivery of solutions in an agile and cost-effective manner
- Degree holder in Information Technology or related disciplines
- Strong domain knowledge in Operations Business Service in banking industry as well as understanding of individual markets
- Sound experience in IT project management. Strong track record in partnering to drive projects to conclusion with excellent execution
- Excellent consultative skills and ability to form strong business relationships at all levels
- Expert knowledge of regulatory framework relevant to specific markets in the banking industry
- Strong background in developing compelling value propositions
- Customer-centric with strong commercial sense.
- Ability to build connections and work collaboratively across the Group. Excellent communication skills are mandatory, as are good tact and diplomacy, as the role requires constant communication with other individuals and teams with the HSBC Group.
- Influential, credible and persuasive, active listener, embraces HSBC Values, shows good judgement and demonstrating high level of communication skills in order to achieve effective stakeholder management.
- Travel may be required on a need basis
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Experience of working at an operational level in international environments which drive a true international perspective
- Experience in managing individuals in different geographies
- Leadership skills needed for managing a team of specialists
- Experience in creating and reviewing executive reports (up to board level)
- Experience in dealing with Senior Management, internal and external audit
- Experience in dealing with senior management, business and wide array of global stakeholders
- Team-oriented mentality combined with ability to complete tasks independently to a high quality standard
- Experience within fast-moving, complex and demanding corporate environments
- Proven ability to work with a variety of levels including senior executives both internal and within client hierarchies
- Proven leadership skills including coaching, motivation and communications skills to inspire others
- Strong ‘team skills promoting an environment of co-operation and trust, overcoming resistance where encountered
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Excellent prioritizing, organizational and time management abilities
- Excellent verbal in English, Cantonese, Mandarin. Good written communications skills
Customers / Stakeholders
- Establish rapport and build effective working relationships within own team and with other colleagues
- Support less experienced team members.
- Foster open and honest communication which anticipates stakeholder expectations.
- Understand own stakeholders objectives, direction, priorities and challenges, managing and addressing concerns and objections.
- Strives to deliver outstanding service and customer advocacy.
- Influence and collaborate with own stakeholders, to build consensus and shape change outcomes.
- Completion of activities and tracking of status during project lifecycle
- Leadership & Teamwork
- Challenge design decisions when/where appropriate.
- Ask questions to clarify own priorities and manage time effectively.
- Listen actively to colleagues and communicate clearly and openly.
- Adopt a collaborative approach to working with other teams across organisation boundaries.
- Run meetings as required demonstrating independence and decision making when required
- Take a proactive approach to own development by seeking performance feedback and coaching, setting development objectives and identifying diverse learning opportunities.
- Act as a role model to less experienced members of the team and supports them to be successful.
- Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Coordinate requirements gathering, documentation, prioritisation and traceability working, sometimes working with multiple program teams and senior stakeholders.
- Support impact assessment for change requests on design, scope, time, budget or effort on programme plan and provides accurate estimates for handling new requirements, design changes and scope.
- Support compliance with all relevant mandatory standards, group policies and tools such as Business Transformation Framework, ISR and data policy, as well as maintaining a focus on internal controls such as Op Risk and SOX.
- Support project or programme resourcing activities.
- Proven track record in a corporate client environment and an ability to anticipate clients needs and tailor service delivery to them
- Proven record in decision making
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritised.
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems.
HSBCAYYou'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.'
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.