Job Description :
Are you looking to solve exciting Fraud challenges in the cloud Do you want to work on a Cloud business that is growing multiple fold annually If so, we want to talk to you! We are seeking a talented Data Scientist to help us evolve our processes and to improve customer experience across the globe.
The mission of the Fraud Prevention Team is to keep the AWS platform a safe and trusted place for our customers and partners. We achieve this goal by identifying and preventing fraud and abuse for all AWS services, worldwide. Every day fraudsters attempt to steal our services. We use extensive data and machine learning models to build software solutions to detect and prevent such activities.
As a Data Scientist, you will work directly with other scientists and Software Development Engineers to monitor the flavor/ trend of fraud worldwide and create appropriate actions to respond in a collaborative environment. There are no walls, and success is determined by your ability to dive deep, and understand the subtle demands new and complex services will place upon systems and teams.
What would I do
· Lead day-to-day review of emerging fraud threats and work with the broader team to drive responses to combat them
· Manage your own process: identify and execute on high impact projects, triage external requests, and make sure you bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful
· Deep dive on the problems using SQL and scripting language like R, Python and internal dashboards and drive short term and long term solutions
· Analyze data (past customer behavior, sales inputs, and other sources) to figure out trends, and output reports with clear recommendations.
· Collaborate closely with the development team to recommend innovations based on data analysis
· Handle escalations from AWS Management for Fraud and related activities
· Be the primary point of contact during fraud outbreaks – including analyses to identify responses and applying responses.
· Apply Statistical and Machine Learning methods to specific business problems and data
· Drive the design and development of tools to aid in operations and automation, such as creation of right dashboards to improve monitoring fraud
· Collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams and customers in a dynamic entrepreneurial organization
Basic Qualifications :
· Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or in another related field
· 4+ years of hands-on relevant , technical industry experience
· Ability to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting
· Analysis of complex data sets to make decisions
· Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems and drive change
· Experience working with data visualization tools and creating data visualization concepts. (Excel, Tableau, or similar)
· Experience using programming/scripting language such as Python or equivalent.
· Experience performing statistical analysis and using tools such as SAS, R, or equivalent.
· Familiarity with AWS RedShift and other distributed computing technologies preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
· Review insights and intelligence to provide recommendations to key stakeholders
· Understanding of Statistical Analysis, modeling and Machine Learning techniques
Preferred Qualifications :
· Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence
· Previous work with fraud analytics
· Adapt to change well and operate well in ambiguity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.