Beckman Coulter LS
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences\u2019 mission is to empower those seeking answers to life\u2019s most important scientific and healthcare questions. With a legacy spanning 80+ years, we have long been a trusted partner to our customers, who are working to transform science and healthcare with the next groundbreaking discovery. As part of our team of more than 2,900 associates across 130 countries, you\u2019ll help drive our vision of accelerating answers\u2014and our commitment to excellence.
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we\u2019re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.Cloud Front-end Software Developer (Senior) Job Description
Beckman Coulter (Dalian) is looking for full time experienced developers as part of our core team to build our evolving large-scale compute and data platform architecture. You will be involved in every stage of software development from building to testing, deployment and management.About Cytobank
Cytobank is a cloud-based machine learning platform that is enabling faster, more thorough analysis, visualization, and management of high dimensional single cell data in biological research. Leading scientists from the top pharmaceutical companies and academic medical research institutions around the world use the platform to answer complicated, cutting-edge scientific questions. The application processes datasets with millions of cells that have 50 or more features per cell and displays biologically useful correlations. The platform can reduce the analysis time from months to days accelerating learnings made from clinical trials and helping speeds therapies to market to ultimately help patients.
Cytobank global website: . Cytobank China website:
Cytobank was established 11 years ago from Stanford University and was acquired by Beckman in 2019.
For researchers on the frontiers of single-cell biology, Cytobank provides a cloud\u00AD-based storage and analysis solution optimized for high-parameter workflows. Cytobank enhances research productivity by enabling scientists in biopharmaceutical companies and academia to:
About our Cytobank Development Team
- Explore multiple hypotheses simultaneously
- Automatically secure, organize, annotate, and preserve source data for fast and efficient confirmation and compliance
- Securely collaborate with colleagues across disciplines and geographies
- Tap into Cytobank\u2019s deep expertise in single-cell technologies
We\u2019re small, fast, innovative, and bursting at the seams with people passionate about software technology and bioinformatics. We\u2019re growing at a rapid pace and seeking enthusiastic, creative, intelligent, and fun individuals to join us. In return, we can offer you a fun but hard-working environment where you can instantly see your contribution to the company\u2019s success.About You
What you will be doing
- You care about software; you have a passion for what you do which you can clearly convey by your actions.
- You have an eye for user experience and user interface and work with our US associates and customers by rapid prototype to validate user needs and improve user experience.
- You can fast learn and adopt new technologies in an Agile way and care about our legacy code.
Our Cytobank development teams are in Dalian China and in Silicon Valley US, and we are hiring talented engineering in Dalian to support global and China market growth. You will work with our global teams and will
- Design and build new functionality for the Cytobank platform
- Iterate rapidly interface design, prototype and validate with our lighthouse partners on UX and UI
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Write tests for existing and created code to ensure compatibility and stability
- Multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent English as daily working language including reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Proficient with HTML/CSS/ jQuery/ES6, REST APIs
- Familiar with at least one modern front-end framework, such as Angular, React, Vue, etc.
- Familiar with interface design, thinking about user experience (UX/UI) and experience iterating on interface prototypes
- Proficient object-oriented programming
- Experience with unit testing/ci testing, code refactoring, version control (Git), & release techniques
- Work experience with data visualization libraries and tools (d3.js, echarts, etc.)
- Work experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, or other)
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structure, algorithm distributed systems, and asynchronous or event-driven architectures
- Self-directed, able to work independently and flexibly, able to make wise decisions when faced with incomplete software requirements.
- Strong problem-solving skill.
- Bachelor\u2019s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Technologies We Use
- Ruby on Rails experience (or a similar web application framework such as Express or Django)
- Experience with data analysis (like with R or Python)
- Work experience with non-relational databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB, or other)
- Work experiment with could platform (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Some familiarity with basic machine learning concepts such as dimensionality reduction and clustering algorithms
- Exposure to biological research or any other scientific analysis experience (flow cytometry, genomics, etc.)
Note: Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join Beckman/Cytobank.
- A lot of AWS technologies, Lambda, SQS, API Gateway, EC2, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, Batch, ECS, ElastiCache, Faregate, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Terraform etc. And we are learning and exploring more.
- Ruby on Rails, Backbone with Marionette
- Data visualization, d3.js, ggplot, R, Python
- REST, OAuth
- We are going to using
- Node.js, modern front-end framework such as React, Agile, Vue etc.
- Any other technologies that the team think is good for the development
Know Us MoreAbout Beckman Coulter (Dalian) Software Co., Ltd.
We formerly known as Xitogen Biotechnology founded by Dr. Yongqin Chen and James Wang, was acquired by Beckman Coulter Life Sciences in 2014.
The Dalian software R&D site supports China and global R&D for the development and maintenance of flow cytometry, automatic pipetting equipment and next-generation sequencing equipment.
We develop and maintain software that runs in embedded instrument, Windows, Ubuntu, Azure Cloud and AWS Cloud.About Beckman Coulter Life Sciences
Life sciences. Research. Precision manufacturing. If your life\u2019s calling is in any of these or related fields, you need to know Beckman Coulter Life Sciences. Our mission is to empower those seeking answers to life\u2019s important scientific and healthcare questions.
Since 1935, the Beckman name has been synonymous with technologies that simplify and automate complex biomedical testing. Decades later, our global organization also came to embody the scientific legacy of the Coulter name. Today, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is a trusted, worldwide resource for tools to help optimize research and manufacturing efficiency. Centrifuges. Particle counters/analyzers. Automated liquid handlers. Flow cytometers. All these products\u2014and many more\u2014continue to make a difference in people\u2019s lives by improving the productivity of dedicated scientists, quality control experts and others.
Wherever people need answers, from prestigious universities and major pharmaceutical companies, to small biotech startups, food/beverage and electronics manufacturing facilities, you can find Beckman Coulter Life Sciences.For more details, please visit
Beckman Coulter(Dalian) Software Co., Ltd. \u2013 Address: \u5927\u8FDE\u5E02\u9AD8\u65B0\u533A\u817E\u98DE\u8F6F\u4EF6\u56ED\u4E8C\u671F802\u5BA4
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences Division:
Danaher ( Beckman\u2019s parent company)
When you join us, you\u2019ll also be joining Danaher\u2019s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you\u2019ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we\u2019ll empower you to push the boundaries of what\u2019s possible.If you\u2019ve ever wondered what\u2019s within you, there\u2019s no better time to find out.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The \u201CEEO is the Law\u201D poster is available .