About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities &Our Ideal CandidateStrategy
- Awareness and understanding of the Group&rsquos business strategy and model appropriate to the role
ProcessesLead and support from central level for all kinds of product/business initiatives and change requests from regulator/group/country in coordinating with project manager and other concerned parties to take ownership for driving the results, which include below key responsibilities:
- Provide efficient, reliable, responsive and professional operations support to front-line and regional service leaders to ensure high class services to customer and operation excellence in term of execution accuracy, timeliness and effectiveness
- Learn, understand and strictly adhere compliance to local regulations requirements, bank policies and procedures in day-to-day responsibilities.
- Drive and support cost optimization initiatives to achieve cost saving target
Support MO Head in HC optimizations and people development by taking below key responsibilities
- Conduct feasibility study and brainstorm on initiatives
- Compile User Requirements
- Project plan and resource planning
- Project monitoring and quality control
- System & workflow integration
- Vendor evaluation, logistics and other related arrangement
- Functional Specification Review
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing
Organize pilot test or implementation approach
Conduct Post implementation review
Support MO Headand team in achieving Anti Money Laundering Prevention
- Integrate frontline service resources by developing and implementing MO Capacity Model for standardization, optimization and productivity improvement.
- Maintain staff headcount list by branch/city/region on regular basis.
- Monitor and analyse the transaction volume vs. MO capacity to achieve HC optimization targets.
- Design scorecards for line managers to manage performance, ensuring targets are achieved for MO related metrics (e.g. Productivity, Service KPIs, Operations Loss, Audit reviews, etc.)
- Drive initiatives to improve MO productivity to achieve cost optimization objective
- By working with LA team in developing service staff training program to support branch
Support 2 business lines including Business Banking and Personal Lending with below major scopes but not limited to
- Accountable for implementing and complying with AML requirements when performing duties.
- Must comply with their respective Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and be alert at all times to unusual or possibly suspicious customer activity, and should report any suspicious activity to AML Surveillance Team and line manager as well as directly to the Country MLPO in urgent or exceptional circumstances.
People and Talent
- Drive process design and maintenance when changes happen to ensure our DOI is always in line with business strategy, customer needs, GPS, external laws/regulatory requirements, and all SCG standards by DOI preparer in the team
- UAT design and test coordination relating to MO
- Drive new initiatives for HC optimization and productivity improvement in term of process efficiency and effectiveness, risk prevention and compliance operations from central level. HC budget and planning, MI report where applicable, subject to detail assignment
- Support MO head to achieve operations excellence from central level that able to proactively and independently lead and follow through all front-line issues in term of process, system, understanding on DOI/regulatory requirements/GPS/group standard/legal terms, audit inspection, regulatory issues, and other ad-hoc issues/incidences/service complaints
- Strong governance on vendor management in term of contract renewal, vendor performance tracking and management, risk governance to ensure end to end governance on vendor/third party services in line with TRPT policy and business strategy/expectation
- Actively participate in various training programs arranged by the bank and keep self-learning on the laid down procedures/manuals and local regulation
- Actively participate in various campaigns related to service team and achieve the target
- Develop multi-product knowledge and job skills to support different segments and sales channels
- Complete new joiner training program if new to the position (new hire or internal transfer) base on bank policy, and pass all required assessment by training timeline
- Drive initiatives to improve processes through optimization, simplification and automation. And, through CST/Spot check/audit finding study at central level periodically, find opportunity for process revamp in term of better risk control or operations efficiency by working with regional leaders and drive it happen
- Give full support to regional leaders for internal audits, regulatory on-site or offsite inspections and regular or ad hoc self-assessment, retrieving documents/information required, preparing management reports, tracking audit issues, CST findings and ensure management actions are completed within due date.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Lead end to end management of proximity service at central level including vendor mgt, settlement, group and country KPI/project deliverables, DOI update to meet group GPS/country standard if any
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Leadto achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country Conduct, Financial Crime and Compliance team, CPBB Ops & Onboarding Ops GBS teams, CPBB Product and Segment, CPBB Sales team, Business Risk Management team, (if have matrix as CGM , add City General Manager)
- Understand, acknowledge and comply with the requirements on individual accountabilities and responsibilities of the job set out in applicable local laws and regulations as well as SCB internal policies
- Effectively ensure and intensify internal controls by keeping abreast with developments of applicable local laws and regulations on accountabilities
- Perform job duties with diligence, contribute to efforts as an individual or as a team member so as to avoid any actual or potential legal sanctions, regulatory penalties, material financial loss, or adverse reputational impact on the Bank
- Be responsible for failure to follow relevant rules and processes, failure to properly perform the responsibilities, and implement corrections
- Cooperate with any investigations or reviews on regulatory failure such as accountability review
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.