Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialize in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realize the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Claims Manager, Employee Benefits Operations.Principal Responsibilities
- Lead the development of service excellence standards, framework and delivery to drive customer advocacy from Employee Benefits Operation perspective
- Ensure alignment with business strategy to deliver our strategic intent and business goals
- Implement changes / initiatives as required by Group Insurance, HSBC and Strategic Partners
- Support and manage Daily Operational Activities
- Ensure agile operating model from capacity perspective in accommodating business demand and unexpected volume spike
- Implement and maintain robust management on Third Party Administration (TPA) including issue, complaint and operational risk reporting management
- Oversee the responsible operational areas including support in the escalation and resolution of any issues identified
- Ensure compliance of HK Insurance and regulators with requirements relating to Business Continuity Plans, outsourcing management and other cross business line operational activities
- Ensure other HSBC Departments (e.g. IT) to provide effective support to outsourced operations and business initiatives
- Solid working experience in claims adjudication in life or medical insurance
- Knowledge on Employee benefits products, such as group life and back office operations
- Proven and progressive experience preferably incorporating business operations management principles, including service quality, business control and continuous improvement activities etc
- Excellent understanding of quality assurance, control, metrics and continuous improvement
- Strong analytical skills to understand to translate, simplify and prioritize the requirement as well as root cause analysis for remedial actions and preventive measures
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required, including the ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at the most senior level in the organisation
- Understand and interpret complex business and Hong Kong Insurance requirements, including regulatory requirements
- Ability to work within an environment of different cultures
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.AW2021EBHK