Scope Of Role:责范围
The City General Manager is our most senior business leader in their respective city, with responsibility for corporate governance and maximisation of business return (covering all business segments) in thecity. The Manager will act as the key representative of the Bank to deal with external stakeholders includinglocal government,regulators, media and customers.
分行行长作为所辖分行最高领导，负责分行治并致力于将业行个人行业务利润最大化作为渣行（中国）有公在地代表，分行行长维护并与地府机管部门客户之间良好沟通关系 Key Responsibilities/Challenges: 主工作范围Strategy/客户管
- Formulate and implement customer-need driven business strategies
- Proactively develop and manage relationships with local government, regulators and media
- Sponsor key customer relationships
- Enhance the Bank&rsquos profile in the city through media relationship management, branding campaigns and community activities in line with the Bank&rsquos sustainability priorities
People and Talent/人管
- Drive business performance for the branch for all business segments
- Achieve the highest profitability possible through managing costs and increasing productivity
- Drive balance sheet growth of the branch
Conduct, Compliance, Risk and Internal Control Management/行为风险内部控制管
- Be responsible for managing people and talent at the branch, driving upper quartile engagement score
- Appraise the performance of Business/Functional team leaders in the branch and strengthen the branch talent pool development
- Ensure effective internal communication across all Businesses, Functions and staff levels in the branch
- Champion Programme Care activities locally
- Developing full awareness of Accountability Review cases (especially regulatory related) in the branch, and perform duty of processing AR with AR panel
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve audit, conduct, compliance, risk and internal control matters in a timely manner
- Oversee the proper functioning and management of all systems, operations and premises related matters
- Ensure that all staff in the branch fulfill compliance requirements stipulated by Group and local regulators, and that all audits and inspections (internal and external) are concluded with satisfactory results
- To properly handle severe customer complaint cases to mitigate the potential risk to the branch
- Ensure the business follows Environmental and Social Risk Management policies & procedures.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the compliance, risk and internal control requirements of the role. Understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering & counter terrorist financing, sanctions, anti-bribery & corruption, fraud risk and case prevention, reputational risk management the Group&rsquos policies and procedures and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead responsible city to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment
Accountability Review /问责
- Implement a robust branch governance structure including leading a Branch Management Committee (Manco) that comprises Business/Functional team leaders in the branch to manage various branch issues, and carry out effective branch governance
- Ensure that all staff in the branch fulfil compliance requirements stipulated by Group and local regulators, and that all audits and inspections (internal and external) are concluded with satisfactory results
- Mitigate all potential operational risks
- Oversee the proper functioning and management of all systems, operations, operational resilience and premises related matters
- Drive product and business license related applications involving Compliance in the branch and the relevant Businesses/Functions
- Ensure that City General Manager Office related documents are properly archived and recorded
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Understand, acknowledge and comply with the requirements onindividual accountabilities and responsibilities of the job set out in applicable local laws and regulations as well as SCB internal policies
- Effectively ensure and intensify internal controls by keeping abreast with developments of applicable local laws and regulations on accountabilities
- Perform job duties with diligence, contribute to efforts as an individual or as a team member so as to avoid any actual or potential legal sanctions, regulatory penalties, material financial loss, or adverse reputational impact on the Bank
- Be responsible for failure to follow relevant rules and processes, failure to properly perform the responsibilities, and implement corrections
- Cooperate with any investigations or reviews on regulatory failure such as accountability review
- Properly perform the duties on management and ensure the effectiveness of internal control
- Be responsible for regulatory failure or risks arising from or in connection of the event over which the employee has the duties of management and/or leadership
- Be responsible for significant losses due to failure of effectiveness of internal control
About Standard Chartered
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [(City) Branch] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- 带领[ 城]分行实现行行为管准则果：确客户得到公平果，促进场有效行，严控犯罪风险，良好环境
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website