Job Description :
At Microsoft our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. In Consumer Channel Sales & Marketing (CCSM) our purpose is to create value with our partners, to market and sell innovative consumer solutions powered by Windows, Office, Surface, and Xbox. We're positioned right at the intersection of customers, hardware partners, and channel partners. Our team works with ecosystem partners and internal business groups to drive digital excellence and e-commerce capability, as well as accelerate cloud and subscription adoption. Together, we win by delivering compelling at-home and on-the-go experiences combining intelligent edge devices and services that create Microsoft fans for life.
As a member of our team you'll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation and impacting billions of lives around the world. You also will be a part of a culture centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. If that appeals to you, it's an exciting time to be here in CCSM.Partner Relationships (40%)
. Develop a deep understanding of the Retailer's strategy, business imperatives, and profitability drivers.
. Share broad industry and ecosystem knowledge of market and technology trends with Retailers.
. Facilitate partner-to-partner discussions and Microsoft executive meetings to support Retailer's innovation and differentiation strategies.
. Leverage industry knowledge, channel insight and customer understanding to drive strategic alignment and land joint business objectives with managed retailers
. Act as a partner advocate for all Retailer's interests, goals, and objectives.
. Demonstrate good understanding of Retailer's contracts with Microsoft and help them stay compliant and ensure their understanding on all aspects of Microsoft roadmaps, timelines, and program terms to improve partner satisfaction.
. Identify key focus areas to create actionable & effective account planning
. Orchestrate annual and seasonal planning process with partnerAccount Management (40%)
. Develop multiyear strategies to compete and win share by ensuring the right assortment at the right price through strong portfolio management across all product categories
. Support partner through the digital transformation journey to ensure omni-channel presence and growth
. Drive and land regular account performance reviews internally and with partner, and secure inclusion into the partner business cycle
. Work with partners to identify their plans and strategies around devices and services.
. Build and execute plans that produce full utilization and participation in applicable incentive programs. Ensure all discretionary funding produces an ROI aligned to corporate guidance.
. Establish and execute a formal rhythm to manage progress of joint commitments, reprioritize and develop plans for newly identified opportunities.
. Develop deep knowledge of Partner business practices (procurement strategies, marketing capabilities, etc.) and effectively guide Partners through the potential impact when Microsoft evolves programs, guidelines, or strategic focus.Business Operational Excellence (20%)
Drive improvement in partner satisfaction (CPE) through timely issue resolution and partner supportexperiences required:
- 5+ years consumer electronics/it ecosystem experience with a focus on devices and services sales across consumer segments
- understanding of consumer channels and retail landscape
- building strategic relationships and partnering with senior account executives
- track record of sales delivery and execution
- retail partner account management with proven business operational excellence and sales results through joint business planning, landing channel strategies, account management, and performance monitoring
- driving long-term sustainable sales growth with partners
- delivery on quarterly and annual account budgeted revenue
qualifications and education:
- apply entrepreneurial and innovative thinking to identifying and executing business opportunities
- ability to analyze sales data, draw relevant conclusions, develop accurate business plans and forecasts, and drive program execution
- possess high standards for performance and compliance
- ability to influence multiple stakeholder groups
- must be able to effectively articulate technology and product positioning to internal audiences and channel partners
- higher university/college degree required
- professional sales and negotiations training
- familiarity with customer relationship management platforms