Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.Job Description
The Business Analyst will be deployed to different initiatives / projects and is expected to work with an array of different project members, POCs, stakeholders, etc. at all times. The candidate is expected to participate as a technical, functional or agile resource in the planning and implementation of projects. Responsibilities require little or no supervision. The candidate is required to have strong knowledge of tools and methodologies surrounding Business Analysis.Key Accountabilities:
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Information Systems and apply this to the development, execution and improvement of action plans by providing advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices
- Lead or participate in multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation; managing project scope; adjusting schedules when necessary; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and managing customer and supplier relationships
- Delivery of successful initiatives in a timely manner based on project objectives and success criteria
- Promoting and enabling a high degree of collaboration among Business SMEs and decision makers to ensure successful and quick delivery.
- Production of high quality business requirements; including but not limited to creation of documentation in various formats including BRD, Data Mapping, User Cases and User Stories
- Identification and escalation of key risks, issues and dependencies, as well as cost benefit trade-offs among a variety of options to align with overall project and program objectives
- Process modeling and analysis skills including but not limited to process improvements, gap analysis between current and future state along with root cause analysis
- Basic creation UAT Test Plan and Test Case documentation
- Conduct UAT execution and identify/retest defects to ensure successful completion
- Create the necessary handover documentation and transition the project changes to the business (steady state)
- Support implementation/warranty
- Work collaboratively with the Project Support Team to pro-actively share information and foster continued learning and development
- Able to explain technical jargon to non-technical/commercial teams
- Acting as an advisor to senior managers and executive teams
- Ability to identify tasks and deliverables to contribute to project plan and provide estimates of your required effort
- Understanding the rationale for the analysis approach. And, contributing to agreements about how to proceed
- Facilitate group workshops and meetings
- Able to generate and propose business case including identifying cost and business savings for the stakeholders
- Understanding business needs to support project transition and help establish change
- Flexible on shifts and overtime maybe required to meet business deadline
- Willing to travel depending on the requirements of the project
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.About Manulife
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, Financial / Investments, Legal Management degree holder or other relevant post-secondary education preferred.
- At least 3 years of BA or consultant experience with Information Technology, Financial Services or Middle and Back office operations enabling integrated solutions to optimize processes, technology, data etc.
- Must have experience working on large scale projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (including Visio, Project)
- LOMA level 1 certification is a plus
- Experience in Agile Methodology is an advantage
- Completed Six Sigma Yellow Belt (BPI) Training
- Obtaining certifications listed are an advantage:
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Basic SQL
- Completed BA Preparatory Program is an advantage
- Quick to adapt with proven experience learning new products, technologies and tools
- Thorough knowledge of analysis with regards to information gathering, requirements writing, UAT testing etc.
- Ability to identify and pursue continuous improvements
- Excellent negotiating skills and an ability to manage inter-departmental work relationships.
- Strong influencing skills with ability to make sound recommendations
- Previous experience in the financial services, wealth management or insurance industry
- Must pass current job expectations and meet performance metrics.
- Excellent comprehension, analytical and decision-making skills
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as MFC on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under 945 in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.