About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role ResponsibilitiesGeneral Job Description applicable to all the roles
- Understand, acknowledge and comply with the requirements on individual accountabilities and responsibilities of the job set out in applicable local laws and regulations as well as SCB internal policies
- Effectively ensure and intensify internal controls by keeping abreast with developments of applicable local laws and regulations on accountabilities
- Perform job duties with diligence, contribute to efforts as an individual or as a team member so as to avoid any actual or potential legal sanctions, regulatory penalties, material financial loss, or adverse reputational impact on the Bank
- Be responsible for failure to follow relevant rules and processes, failure to properly perform the responsibilities, and implement corrections
- Cooperate with any investigations or reviews on regulatory failure such as accountability review
The Securities Services Implementation Manager (SSIM) is the single point of contact for complex implementations of securities services related product deals solution including but not limited to in-bound, outbound, local custody solutions.
The SSIM is to ensure that client&rsquos expectations are met, by assembling the proper implementation team, creating an accurate and complete project plan, ensuring that all milestone dates are met, clearly tracking/communicating progress, issues, risks, follow-ups and ultimately delivering the solution on time and try the best to accelerate the whole project life-cycle.
The Implementation Manager also participates in the pre-sales phase (this includes participation in customer meetings, system demonstrations, requirements analysis and/or assisting business stakeholders in solution design). SSIM must also ensure a seamless transition for ongoing support (Client Service team).ProcessesPre Sales
- Be a part of Deal team and provide RFP/RFI responses on the implementation component.
- Participates in pre-sales client meetings /workshops/ conferences.
- Critically review expected revenue and deal at the time a deal is handed over by Sales, responsible for validating the revenue assumptions.
- Accountable for transparent project management and the timely delivery of live revenues: acting as a specialist coordinator and quality control
- Forms on-boarding project team and associated oversight committees
- Defines scope of implementation using BRD
- Ensures adequate and transparent ownership by key stakeholders in different SC units and provides timely, transparent project updates (for complex projects) to relevant stakeholders
- Accountable for maintaining standard implementation/migration plans and for their customization by client
- Ensure regular communication during the project with internal partners and clients (utilizing meeting minutes, project plan)
- Manages liaison between client and internal parties monitors and co-ordinates progress
- Monitors and actively drives KYC process
- Monitors cash, securities account, external a/cs opening and obtain the confirmation from relevant responsible teams
- Manages S2B documentation preparation & completion
- Manages S2B connection process and sets up client as user
- Oversees and manage the SLM completion
- Oversees legal documentation completion and agreement
- Coordinate change requests
- Arranges SWIFT key exchange
- Confirms operational readiness prior to go-live
- Monitors and manages asset transition process
- Provide complete handover to service team(s) and working collaboratively with the team to resolve post implementation client queries/issues
- Conduct a post implementation survey/review with the client for complex implementations and obtain explicit client feedback/sign-off
People and Talent
- Quality Control / Specialist input
- Identifies potential roadblocks and issues for proactive resolution
- Coordinates solutioning / change management discussions with the client (in conjunction with Product)
Risk, Compliance and Governance
- Excellent knowledge of capital market and relevant securities services products including market infrastructure, fund accounting, operating model, process flows etc.
- Well versed with local banking rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Excellent project management skills.
- A dynamic team player, capable of adopting collaborative approach in designing unique client solutions.
- Minimum 4 -12 (depending on the seniority) years experience in selling /implementing Securities Services products for Financial Institutional clients.
- Ability to learn fast, work under strict timelines, budget and produce high quality deliverables.
- Self-motivated, confident individual with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Out of the box creative thinking and decision-making abilities in crunch situations.
- Analytical skills ability to review & analyse workflows and procedure to drive process improvements, enhancing client experience.
- Adequate understanding of the various computer systems within the Bank and the applications of technology in business.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Be aware of / fully compliant with the FM operational risk and governance framework
- Facilitate regular discussions on risk awareness, operation and risk control improvements, lessons learnt from incidents and identify best practices to strengthen teams operational risk awareness and knowledge
- Uphold good conduct ensure full compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures. Prevent data leakages, regulatory breaches caused by lack of knowledge and knowledge
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- To achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Other banks team, clients, business partners, regulators, etc
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: University Degree in Finance/Business/Economics/Accounting
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations: AMAC/SEC Practitioner
- Languages: Good written and spoken English and Chinese language
Visit our careers website