Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Associate Director, Greater China Rates Trading.Principal Responsibilities
- Provide rates product liquidity for inter-bank market and HSBC clients. Manage trading portfolios in CNY, CNH, TWD offshore rates products
- Provides timely and accurate execution of trades for the Bank's targeted clients in assigned area
- Effectively maintain risk positions whilst adhering to pre-set risk parameters
- Achieves revenue, hit-miss ratio and RoRWA targets set by management
- Ensure timely execution and reporting of trading tickets and order routing, maintain communication with sales desk and assist in resolving settlement problems, ensure ticket entry completion and provide general trade support as necessary
- Provide pricing to sales teams and clients that is in line with Bank's policies
- Ensure all trades are booked into front office primary trading systems in accordance with internal policy and regulatory requirements
- Review daily and, or monthly reports as assigned
- Ensure all transactions deliver fair outcome for our clients and do not cause disruption to market transparency and/or order, and are in line with HSBC Code of Conduct
- Ability to understand build blocks of our trading products and be able to manage and adept to variation and complexity that arise from fast changes in market environment
- Understand key drivers in dynamic markets, manage risk positions with strong planning. Focus on transparent and comprehensive communication with management whenever enhanced dialogues are required
- Balance risk appetite and risk management in an optimal and objective fashion bringing values to HSBC
- Ensure smooth cooperation with various stakeholders including management, team members, sales teams and support functions
- Achieve relevant desk, individual market-making book revenue target
- Solid understanding of underlying products and market mechanisms
- Bachelor degree or MBA from leading global universities
- Familiar with pricing and valuation methodologies in rates products
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.