Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers shine brighter than others
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Associate Director, Equity Index Trader.Principal Responsibilities
- Maximising profit opportunity via all legs of revenue such as repo, epsilon, rho, commissions, and financing
- Provide timely and accurate dealing services for clients in the assigned area
- Effectively maintain various risk positions and manages within position limits, providing liquidity and trading within set limits to achieve a given revenue target
- Pricing, risk management, monitoring exposure and cost management
- Working with COOs, support teams and legal to expand the counterparty base and enhance platforms in a controlled manner
- Improve Financing Capabilities for Swap flow
- Manage the firm's inventory and trading risk under supervision and as assigned in compliance with all applicable regulation within a given business area
- Working with entities in offering and pricing swap products to global clients
- Maintain and increase market share in index products
- Execute firm and customers trades in accordance with desk Volcker designation
- Determining Market Sentiments through reading of research reports, valuation and Data analysis reports, and understanding corporate events
- Adhere to local regulatory policies and trading venue rules applicable to the job holder location and the balance sheet location the trader is mandated
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the product area. Understanding industry developments and being able to position and adapt the business strategies accordingly
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
- Act on unusual/ unacceptable activity or behaviours and escalate appropriately
- Create synergies and work with other parts of the Global Equities business. Where applicable, lead, develop and motivate the team to attract, retain and develop capacity, capability and talents with the required key relevant skills
- Operate with professionalism and increasing technical proficiency
- Maintain strong audit culture
- Exhibit and adhere to a culture of open and transparent communication
- Consistently engage with Management and Sales Teams
- Assist more junior colleagues to better understand risks, controls, and daily duties
- The jobholder will be able to demonstrate the certifications and qualifications required to exercise the job mandate has been obtained
- Prior experience in Markets or academic experience
- Degree level in Maths, Engineering or equivalent
- Good communication skills and be able to manage relationships effectively with a range of different stakeholders
- Able to manage time and balance multiple priorities effectively
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.