Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as Associate Director, Equity Finance Sales, Asia Pacific.Principal Responsibilities
- Proactively service, advise and transact with clients across the full suite of Delta One and Equity Finance products, including Stock Borrow and Lending, Synthetic solutions including Single Stock and Index Swaps, Convertible Bond financing, P-notes, Collateral Upgrades, and ETF's
- Establish and maintain relationships with Portfolio Managers and Execution Traders at institutional clients, servicing them across various strategies including macro, fundamental long and short, relative value and arbitrage opportunities
- Assist in delivering our China Prime offering and in further driving product evolution and development in partnership with various stake holders including business management, compliance and execution services, especially around integration of both low-touch and high-touch execution into the Prime Platform
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship to grow existing client business, and enthusiastically synergize with various business functions to identify new opportunities
- Challenge status quo and demonstrate out of the box thinking to help improve and automate process through partnership with operations, middle office and client services
- Provide clients differentiated content and analysis based on clients bespoke investment needs and market developments
- Understand and stay on top of the changing regulatory framework
- Develop a strong relationship with trading and communicate constructively across the trading floor
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Excellent spoken and written English skills. Mandarin a plus but not required
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Understanding of Markets sales and distribution business, ability to translate market needs into marketable solutions for clients
- Hold relevant exams and qualifications to satisfy local and any cross border market regulations for non-advisory sales and trading activities
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.