Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Associate Director, Credit Analysis Unit.Principal Responsibilities
- Ensure relationships between Credit Analysis Unit, Client Onboarding, Credit Risk, and Relationship Managers are strategically forward looking, highly collaborative and productively engaged towards mutual business outcomes
- Provide the highest quality, forward looking and professional Credit Analysis to Global Banking and Markets for the existing client portfolios and new business transactions
- Develop and manage a forward looking and strategic relationship with Global Banking and Markets across sectors to ensure work load is considered well in advance, resources are effectively deployed and overdues are controlled within KPIs
- Ensure Credit Analysis Unit's management of Financial Institutions Group and Corporates, onshore and offshore if applicable, is developed with business development objectives in mind, timely delivery of services, appropriate controls, thorough documentation and a high degree of data integrity
- Review and engage with stakeholders to formulate and deliver a best in class Credit Risk Management and control environment, observing group policy and procedure documents at all times
- Educated to the degree level, with extensive years of banking experience required, with experience within a credit risk discipline strongly preferred
- Cross client section knowledge including corporates, financial institutions and funds is preferred
- Highly developed leadership and management ability
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands
- Excellent analysis, design and problem solving skills
- Strong commercial and financial management experience with a proven track record in a service company type model
- Highly developed negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Able to deal with and constructively resolve conflicting views and where necessary, escalate to senior management in a clear and succinct manner
- Be change oriented and able to cope with pressure and tight deadlines
- Able to understand and consolidate diverse and complex business information and identify and mitigate risk issues
- Fluent communication and written language skills
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office tools
- Strong understanding of HSBC Group credit policies and systems
- Fully conversant with the nature of complex, structured finance transactions, including Project and Export Finance, Structured Trade Finance, Highly Leveraged Transactions and Asset Backed Lending
- Successful management of a team
- Ability to effectively engage and negotiate with senior stakeholders demonstrating considered foresight and highly developed interpersonal skills
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.