Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Associate Director, Corporate Sales.Principal Responsibilities
- Service a portfolio of offshore Chinese corporate clients, address their needs through the provision of client relevant products, solutions and deep market insight, and develop long lasting trusted relationships whilst improving product penetration and wallet share
- Originate GM business through developing cross-assets corporate treasury solutions with deep understanding of the clients cross-border business and their hedging, financing and investment needs
- Identify sales opportunities that address specific needs for our clients and managing from identification to point of sale and through post trade process
- Collaborate and works effectively with the China Onshore team and sales teams in other sites through communication, performance management and client development plans, to strengthen client relationship and identify cross-sell opportunities
- Work in close partnership with internal stakeholders, including Relationship Managers, China Desk Managers, Global Liquidity & Cash Management, and Global Trade and Receivables Finance, to service client needs and improve share of wallets
- Provide day to day sales coverage using the full suite of Global Markets Corporate Services offerings and support team members to do the same
- Deliver services and solutions that meet client needs and where necessary leverage the bank's depth of product expertise and Thought Leadership
- Suggest ideas and contribute to implementing actions that will improve customer service, quality or the way teams and individuals work together
- Fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Extensive experience in a markets environment working specifically with corporate treasury solutions in cross-assets with flow and events related business is required
- Hold relevant exams and qualifications to satisfy local and any cross border market regulations for non-advisory sales and trading activities
- Strong understanding of Capital Markets, covering foreign exchange instruments such as Spot, Options, Swaps, Forwards and Futures and interest rate derivatives and an ability to understand and manage a diverse and sometimes complex, product set
- Strong understanding of the China onshore and offshore market with first-hand experience and knowledge of China, as well as global markets products, systems and key processes. Strong business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Good teamwork and to work collaboratively with other colleagues across different product partners across regions
- Excellent presentation & communication skills, including advanced knowledge of Powerpoint & Excel
- Ability to construct and execute a business plan, and translate market needs into marketable solutions for clients
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.