Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Associate, Client Service.Principal Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee Securities Service service governance and oversight model including new onboarding & ensure service coverage model meets clients needs
- Act as client advocate and point of escalation to help clients successfully resolve issues and navigate within the firm
- Oversee and accountable for all service quality and responsiveness across products (in country and regional for clients which are regional) as per agreed Service Level Definition/Operating Memorandum and the day to day management of clients
- Be the champion of client centric culture by proposing & promoting Products and Services improvements and collaboration with other teams and departments to deliver value to clients
- Prepare and conduct client service reviews and due diligence on-site visit, including ownership of completion of relevant materials as well as own meeting report with follow up action until completion
- Responsible for client being referenceable for meeting service standards as per agreed KPIs
- Working in partnership with operations/internal stakeholders to optimize client efficiency and STP, smooth service management and proactive management and oversight of client issues, initiatives and change requests
- Handle incident management, and prepare and execute client service plan and any remediation plans (both internal and external) with follow up through to completion along with any client complaints
- Act as internal point of escalation for client sensitive or risk issues, or assist where client is being unresponsive
- Responsible for prompt and timely communication to clients on market updates /regulatory changes impacting clients existing portfolios
- Responsible for the Client SLA or Service level agreement supported by client service team for coordination /updating operational requirements.
- Responsible for rolling out of Client facing technology and adoption of all existing technology as required
- Provide service model input for new sales (Request for Proposal)
- Co-ordinate for client initiated change, new product / fund launch /share class launch/portfolio set up requirements & documentation changes
- Ownership of account schematic and first review of fee invoice supported by client service/fee billing team
- Monitor payment and aged debtors (invoices/claims) and arrange approval for appropriate fee write offs in line with internal policy
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- University graduate with a degree in finance or a related discipline
- Relevant experience in the securities services industry
- Sound knowledge of the securities industry and global market infrastructure and ongoing developments
- Understanding of some of the Securities Services products such as accounting, valuation, global custody, banking services, administration of unit trusts and mutual funds and/or middle office services
- Excellent written and spoken English. Cantonese and/or Putonghua is desirable
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, decision making skills and a team player
- Personal qualities will include diplomacy, integrity and leadership skills
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.