About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role Responsibilities
Note: This JD includes responsibilities that may be specific for a Manager who leads either a team for
- transactional credit monitoring for physical commodities or
- Physical Commodities Management & Assurance (PCMA) or
- Receivables Solutions Middle Office (RSMO)
These specific responsibilities are highlighted accordingly. Please update the JD accordingly to the staff&rsquos role.Strategy
- Lead a strong, engaged, and embedded CTMU function
- Lead the implementation of the IMO target operating model for CTMU in the region
- Identify process efficiencies and try to streamline such requirements to provide better client service and risk management
- Develop and increase the profile of the CRI function with internal and external stakeholders
- Achieve an active dialogue with RCO/ SCO in discussing risk issues and on-going development of the portfolio
- Regular client contact to ensure better understanding of clients business the markets in general and increase CRI profile
- Contribute to the achievement of maximum team productivity and overall division&rsquos productivity goals
Health & Safety
- To protect both customers and Bank&rsquos interests
- To ensure compliance of all internal procedures, operational controls and regulatory requirements.
- To ensure strict compliance of internal procedures in line with the standards laid down as per internal Policy
- Manage department budget and expenses, ensure accruals keep within budgets while supporting business growth requirement
People and Talent
- Responsible for the health and safety aspects within your area of control.
- Ensure that team members are adequately trained and supervised to perform their tasks in a safe manner.
- Ensure that team members are free to raise any Health and safety issues and these issues are addressed appropriately.
- Ensure that the contractors working in own area or working for the team work in a safe & healthy manner.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of co-workers and those who may be affected by own actions or omissions
- Co-operate with Management to support and promote Health and safety in the workplace
- Ensure that own actions do not put others at risk
- Work in a healthy and safe manner
- Encourage others to work in a healthy and safe manner
- Report all accidents and incidents
- Bring to the attention of the management any hazard in the workplace
- Lead through example by upholding high standards of excellence, ethics & code of conduct, governance and risk awareness, and stakeholder partnership & collaboration
- Develop a high-quality performance team through effective and diversified hiring practices, clear guidance and feedback, training & mentorship, conducting fair and transparent performance evaluations, and frequent staff upskilling, job rotations, and stretch assignments driving the employment, engagement, and retention of high quality resources.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Develop training plans and personal development plans for self
- Formulate and monitoring job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment within area of responsibility and all direct reports are equipped to deliver against requirements of the relevant risk and control environment applicable to their area of responsibility
- Embed instituted processes and projects within relevant risk management frameworks, including deployment of the Operational Risk Framework, and ensuring timely, independent, and accurate execution and reporting of checks performed.
- Ensure all audit issues are handled in a timely and appropriate manner
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for delivering effective governance for CTMU in compliance with applicable internal policies and external laws and regulations
- Build awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the function
- Lead, and monitor strict adherence to regulatory requirements, best practices, and a state of ever-readiness for audit & regulatory reviews, with respect to IMO responsibilities
- Ensure that risks are clearly identified and quantified, properly tabled in the appropriate forums and appropriate RCPS are done reporting and referring appropriate issues to superior
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Financial Crime PreventionThe Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- IMO Teams
- Client Relationships / Business
- Product Partners (e.g. TB/FM)
- Trade and Cash Operations
- Other Trade CPCs
- CMS / Payments
- Audit / Risk Management
- Operational Risk
- Collateral Management Companies
- SSC (GBS)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embedding Here for good and the Group&rsquos brand and valued behaviours in the Integrated Middle Office team
- Performing other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Graduate / Post graduate with relevant experience
- Good analytical skills, communication skills, drafting skills and persuasive / articulation skills
- Able to determine the appropriate course of action in resolving issues and authorizing transactions based on their impact
- Able to handle staff issues with maturity
Visit our careers website