About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.The Role ResponsibilitiesCountry Complexity:
- To ensure smooth operations of Cash Business in Branch
- Work with Operation manager/CMO Manager to supervise the operational, systems issues and staff issues of Cash Management Service in Branch
- In absence of Operation Manager/CMO Manager to serve as acting Operation Manager /CMO Manager per delegation, take charge of all aspects of Cash Operations of branch.
Business, Strategy, Operations & Infrastructure
- Elevate the client experience especially for key clients in branch. Support Operation Manager/CMO Manager to deliver high quality client interactions with solutions that meets client expectations.
- Work with CMO Process Management Team and CMO Head to develop and implement a business aligned strategy that meets clients requirements.
- Support Operation Manager/CMO Manager to make CMO in branch is in accordance with the established policies, operations procedures, service standard and risk mitigation requirements.
- Act as &ldquosingle window into branch CMO.
- To monitor daily transactions are all approved and processed timely and accurately and daily reconciliation is completed at day end in branch.
- To control and enhance efficiency and quality as per job objective in transaction processing and maintain an end to end smooth and stable operations platform on CMO of branch
- Support Operation Manager/CMO Manager to make operations running under branch CMO in compliance with regulatory requirements/guidelines
- To ensure timely and accurately submission all reports to regulators and Head Office
- To provide proper support to project team on development and implementation on systems and new initiatives
- To comply with the Money Laundering Prevention Policy/Guideline/Procedure and the Code of Conduct
- To be alert at all times to unusual or possibly suspicious customer activity and report promptly any suspicious activity to Business Money Laundering Prevention Officer (BMLPO) and People Leader as well as Country MLPO if considered necessary;
- Attend and finish internal and external training to be skilled and qualified for the job.
- Processing relevant transactions and performing specific duties (e.g. reconciliation, regulatory reporting, callbacks, scanning, etc.) guided by the departmental operating instructions, guidelines, policies and standards set.
- To fully observe the current policies, operations procedures, service standard and regulations requirements when processing transactions.
- Proactively join in improvement hour, working on new working way.
- Support CMO Process Management Team deliver projects and improvement.
Governance & Risk Management
- Provide regular updates to CMO Process Management Team and branch stakeholders a timely manner on notable operational developments and issues in the region and drive the resolution of thematic client issues and process issues
- Strictly follow CMO policies DOI and agendas, ensure the implementation of internal policy and compliance of regulatory requirements.
- To maintain quality standards to ensure our services for above mentioned products, meets customers total needs, and that continued effort is made to exceed customer&rsquos expectation.
- Ensure day to day running EOD recon and post monitoring activities, guided by department operating instructions, guidelines, policies and standards set.
- To finish the product related returns in time. Support CMO Process Management Team establish statistic and filing procedure, ensure the accuracy and integrity of original records, contracts and other materials.
- Attend and finish internal and external training to be skilled and qualified for the job.
- To perform call back as per the requirements and threshold of updated DOI.
- To perform signature verification (SV) for transaction as per requirements and threshold of updated DOI.
- Safe keep and register business chops, user Id password and critical vouchers, follow handover policy if applicable.
- To be responsible for account related entry/deal input checking, ensure the effective control of risks through proper authority mechanism
- To ensure the maker/checker mechanism is strictly followed on each regulatory report.
Business Continuity Management:
- Work with Operation Manager/CMO Manager that material and generic operational risks for CMO are identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported to relevant governance forums in branch and country.
- Challenge processes, procedures and policy where there is a more effective way to do things. Escalate issues, blockages, challenges and trends to the CMO Process Management team and Operation manager/CMO Manager.
- Embed the Group&rsquos values and code of conduct. Embrace a robust culture to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
- Help vet suspicious money laundering cases, where necessary, before sending them to Country Money Laundering Prevention Officer.
- Periodically to do CRM and KCSA self-assessment of daily processing, escalate according to acceptable risk threshold.
People and Talent:
- Be familiar with BCP plan and test periodically.
- To support Operation Manager/CMO Manager maintaining effective and updated Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Business Impact Analysis (BIA) in place and ensure BCP testing performed as per group standard.
Regulatory & Business conduct:
- Support Operation Manager/CMO Manager to build the appropriate culture and values in branch for CMO. Sets appropriate tone and expectations for the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Support Operation manager/CMO Manager to provide ongoing training and development to team members.
- Support Operation manager/CMO Manager to lead and support a change in mindset, building a culture of client centricity, agility.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Monitor the effective communication and implementation of regulatory changes
- Regional Operation Manager, Branch TB, Branch CCIB, Branch compliance, country TB product, GBS team leaders.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Leverage the opportunity provided by Corporate Social Responsibility to enhance the Group&rsquos internal and external reputation.
- Promote the Group&rsquos brand and Here for good with team members, clients and regulators.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Country CMO, Business, City management or Functional policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders, including regulators and staffs per needed basis.
- Understand, acknowledge and comply with the requirements on individual accountabilities and responsibilities of the job set out in applicable local laws and regulations as well as SCB internal policies
- Effectively ensure and intensify internal controls by keeping abreast with developments of applicable local laws and regulations on accountabilities
- Perform job duties with diligence, contribute to efforts as an individual or as a team member so as to avoid any actual or potential legal sanctions, regulatory penalties, material financial loss, or adverse reputational impact on the Bank
- Be responsible for failure to follow relevant rules and processes, failure to properly perform the responsibilities and implement corrections
- Cooperate with any investigations or reviews on regulatory failure such as accountability review
- Daily work must comply with the Money Laundering Prevention Requirement and the Code of Conduct. Accountable for implementing.
- Shall be alert at all times to unusual or possible suspicious customer activity, and should report promptly any suspicious activity.
- To ensure adherence to laws and regulations, internal risk and compliance policies (including anti-money laundry, sanction, anti-bribery & corruption and relevant FCC risks) and Group Code of Conduct.
- Back up team member as per arrangement if related concerned party is not available.
- Any other job, duties and responsibilities as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
- The job description above will be reviewed during the Job Objective setting every year, which may be amended and agreed where necessary by the employee and the line manager.
- Manage Conduct
- Manage Risk
- Business Facilitation
- Manage Change
- Management of Frontline Risk
- Business Governance & Support
- Service Delivery & Operations
Visit our careers website