Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an ASP Regional Manager and Process Owner.Principal Responsibilities
- Play a key role in ensuring / improving service availability and stability of the strategic Digital channels and WPB services of HSBC serving our customers for both sales and servicing aspects
- Ensuring quickest service recovery in case of incident and driving proper and prompt business and IT stakeholders communication about incident severity and recovery progress
- Be one of the drivers for continuous service improvement via SRE, Active Advanced Support (AAS) practices and the Operations Guild model
- High quality verbal communication skills that enable the role holder to quickly and efficiently convey the impact of technology incidents and summarize complex technical recovery actions
- Translate technical detail into language that can be understood by a wide range of interested parties using excellent written communication skills
- Accomplished facilitation skills are required to enable the role holder to co-ordinate virtual and global teams conducting recovery actions in pressured situations, following processes that ensure recovery is achieved as quickly as possible, managing any associated risks and performing vertical escalation to Executive Management teams as appropriate
- The ability to consistently demonstrate analytical qualities that allow them to understand complex situations quickly, constructively and appropriately challenge recovery decisions to ensure that we optimise recovery timeframes
- The ASP Ops Lead will be required to support a Global Process. Initially this will be an on call rota basis, maturing to a follow the sun model potentially resulting in occasional weekend and bank holiday support
- Regularly interface with the Executive Management team to provide updates on service recovery and Incident Management strategy
- Network effectively across all Global Career Bands to ensure that the service we provide is consistently comprehensive and provide regular feedback to colleagues within the team to strive for an exceptional standard of recovery or stability facilitation
- Support the central WPB Operations with SIP and Value Stream improvements in an Academy type environment
- Responsible for the leadership and recovery of incidents and high risk vulnerability mitigation
- Ensuring the right decisions are being made for the right reasons in a timely manner. In addition, communicating service impact statements for the regulatory requirements in accordance to the Management Escalation Call process and template
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- A broad understanding and comprehensive appreciation across Service Management process and principles especially in the HSBC context
- Had well-established relationship/network with HSBC senior stakeholders and be able to navigate effectively within a big organization
- Be forward thinking with vision to use any effective strategy / approach for continuous service improvements
- A sound understanding and working knowledge of HSBC processes (change management, ITSA, access management, tooling, data security, etc.)
- DevOps and ITIL principles for efficient delivery and support
- Bring a positively challenge and solution finding approach to all duties
- Mentoring and supporting colleagues
- Provide a positive collaboration with all key stake holders
- Minimum of 5 years crisis management experience of leadership, decision making, communicating, reporting, risk and improvement identification
- Reporting on service incidents
- Role Model behavior at all times
- A flexible approach for a global, dynamic environment and changing strategies
- A good understanding of WPB services, infrastructure / platforms, Knowledge of cloud (AWS / GCP)
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.