Job Description :
Asia Technical Manager, Protective Textile
The Asia Technical Manager will be responsible for coordinating regional and international certifications, managing manufacturing partners, conducting regular production and product quality control audits, and supporting sales & marketing of locally sourced fabrics. This position will additionally provide technical support for performance and protective fabrics to all segments of the value chain in China and other Asia regions. Prior knowledge and experience of flame resistance textile manufacturing process, product certification (NFPA, ASTM, ISO, EN, ISO, IEC, CEN and Asia local flame resistance fabric standards) would be desired. Technical presentations at both customer sites and market organizations will be expected.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Coordination of certifications with NFPA, ISO, and EN test labs and certification organizations such as UL. Maintain active certifications of a locally sourced FR fabrics portfolio for sales into targeted regional and international markets.
- Participate in technical support for direct customers, industrial laundries and end users
- Internal expert for FR fabric production and products for China and Asia region.
- Manage local manufacturing partners, conduct regular production and quality control audits;
- Develop and maintain product specifications, quality control documents, and audit records.
- Communicate and coordinate with regional offices, certification labs, and customers on certification, production and product related issues.
- Presentations of the fabrics, technologies and performance characteristics to:
- Customers (both Direct and Industrial Laundries)
- End Users
- Textile and protective clothing trade associations and organizations
- Support for Asia Account Manager both internally and in the field
- Reporting on local technical & manufacturing trends, issues and competitive intelligence on FR fabric production/products in China.
- Master degree in Chemistry or polymer science, Ph.D. is preferred
- Experienced in textile production/quality control experience is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and diligent follow-through
- Proven public presentation skills
- Position located in China, travel 50%+ of year expected
- English proficiency
- Collaborative team player across multiple functional organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build external relationships
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Positive, ambitious and passionate individual
If you are interested in this opportunity, send your resume to [HIDDEN TEXT]