Job Description :
Application Development Manager, Coatings & Inks
Reports to: Industry Manager
Location: Shanghai Job Summary
The position is to focus on China Coatings & Inks technical support to provide technical leadership and direction: coach, coordinate, drive, and manage technical strategies of existing applications and drive the development of strategic new applications. Co-ordinate technical solution, technical support via technical specialist in conjunction with other countries strategy and share the marketing trend information.
- To manage the application development team in compliance with company business direction.
- Responsible of CAS laboratory, including equipment installation, lab’s set up or renovation and monitor routine operation and safety control.
- To drive and manage technical strategies for existing applications.
- To create and drive development strategic for new applications to sales department.
- To define the laboratory tests and complete monitoring solution for the product formulations.
- To assist the segment managers on projects, follow up the work of lab chemist on testing result analysis.
- To ensure the laboratory equipment working efficiency, maintenance and calibration.To clarify and document all testing methods and procedures, and demonstrations in order to communicate internally and externally.
- Work together with Sales and AD segment to better understand the market trend and to be proactive in the proposition of division and provide onsite technical support.
- To coordinate and help solving potential issues and suggesting further quality and productivity for the markets development and follow up closely and effectively.
- To share new technical information with CAS group.
- To lead Application Development team to create selling tools to support CAS customer activities.
- Lead CAS technical team, coach and encourage people development.
Accountability & Key Dimensions
- Familiar with technical research, development and manufacturing process and formulation of coating/ink products
- Involved establishment of chemical laboratory, familiar with different kinds of lab equipment and managing lab’s regulations
- Enable to drive and manage technical strategies for applications development by different means.
- Monitor the coating/ink experiments tasks, helping commercial project deliverables
- Write experiment reports and other technical documents.
- Perform leadership to technical team
Personal Values & Characteristics
- Bachelor/Master in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- 6-8 years of technical support and management experiences in the Coating and Ink field
- Strong Technical knowledge (Product/Application) is a must and Market knowledge in Coating and Ink industries is beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Teamwork Spirit
- Marketing knowledge & skills, experience in organize technical seminar, show case, etc.
- Project Management
- Fluent in both oral and written Chinese (Mandarin) and English.
- High integrity and ethical standards
- High levels of energy with Sales mentality and self-motivation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sensitive to business opportunities and responsive to opportunities
- Result oriented and customer focused
- Excellent people skills
- Resilient, resourceful and optimistic
- Willing to seek input/feedback
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions
- Willing to engage and accept responsibility
- Adaptable and flexible
- Cultural appreciation, understanding and respectful of diversity
- Positive and can-do attitude
If you are interested in this opportunity, pls send your updated CV to mailto: