Install, setup, and monitor local area network (SYZYGY LAN). Perform a variety of maintenance, evaluation, installation, and training tasks to ensure LAN performance meets company and user requirements.
1. Administer network workstations, utilizing one or more TCP/IP or non-TCP/IP networking protocols and/or one or more UNIX-based or non-UNIX based operating systems.
2. Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software;
3. Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
4. Install, configure, and maintain personal computers, Novell networks, UNIX workstations, file servers, ethernet networks, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems; adds or upgrades and configures modems, disk drives, data acquisition boards, CD ROM units, printers, and related equipment.
5. Perform and/or oversee software and application development, installation, and upgrades.
6. Maintain site licenses for department/organization.
7. Plan and implement network security, including building firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
8. Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
9. Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems, relational databases, and other applications; assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
10. Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
11. Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
12. Establish and perform maintenance programs following farctate company and vendor standards.
13. Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
14. Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
15. Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
16. Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
17. Other duties as assigned.
1. Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
2. Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members.
3. Provide computer orientation to new company staff.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Knowledge of a range of computer networking systems and languages to include UNIX, Novell, VMS, or similar computer networks. Knowledge of computing and network hardware and peripheral equipment. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel. Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computers, networks, and related hardware and software. Knowledge of federal copyright laws as they pertain to the use of computer software. Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques. Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems. Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities. Ability to provide technical training to end users. Ability to learn and support new systems and applications. Work with users requires interpersonal skills. This is normally acquired through a combination of a Bachelor's Degree and 3 to 5 years of networking experience.
3. Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires extensive work using a computer. Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
Click Here To Apply