Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Hong Kong
An experienced Project Manager is required to manage the Risk Management stream of the overall "Next Gen" programme. Risk Management is the first component of the programme; with core functionality being re-platformed and extended from legacy systems to a new vendor-supplied system. The successful candidate will work as part of a programme management team to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. The role involves close liaison with subject matter experts, vendor project managers, as well as internal business and IT leads.
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
• Manage resources, responsibilities and schedules
• Manage relationships with internal stakeholders and the vendor
• Establish effective project controls, procedures and quality assurance processes
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
• Manage the project risks and issues register
• Report progress, issues, dependencies and risks to project or programme leadership and committees as appropriate and make recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintain progress towards delivery.
• University degree, preferably in IT and/or Finance related subject
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in project management
• Experience of working within a structured project management framework, adopting agile and waterfall software delivery principles
• The successful candidate is likely to have a formal qualification (e.g. PMP, Prince II)
• Knowledge of project management tools and techniques (e.g. MS Project, Jira, Confluence)
• Strong analytical, presentation and communication skills in English, both written and verbal
• Effective in unifying and creating teams of people with disparate skills
• Builds trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances.
• Experience of working in a clearing house, exchange, clearing brokerage or securities custodian department within a bank
• Knowledge of financial markets and industry drivers.