You will be responsible for bringing in new accounts and developing AUM. Cross-selling a wide range of private banking and wealth management products and solutions to clients will be part of your core responsibilities.
Private Client Advisers at Odyssey develop deep client relationships in order to thoroughly understand the client’s situation and utilise that knowledge to develop tailored wealth management strategies. The Advisers are able to add value to individual and corporate clients by building and drawing upon a network of internal resources, often global, to achieve desired results. Successful Advisers are able to develop and adapt a disciplined sales process to convert a pipeline of prospects into target market clients. In addition, they are able to deliver quality client relationships (solutions and services) in an intensely competitive fragmented market, taking advantage of the Odyssey platform while protecting the client/firm by complying with relevant policies, procedures, and country legal/regulatory requirements.
Markets covered: Greater China - Hong Kong, China, Taiwan.
The ideal candidate is an existing private banker and has at least 60%-70% of his/her key clients domiciled in the countries covered. Other candidates and client coverage may be considered.
New Client and Business Development
• Grow client net revenue annually in core product areas: investment management, capital markets, real estate, and banking & lending.
• Create sales and marketing strategies designed to generate revenue growth and to acquire new target clients within different sectors.
• Prospecting – generate leads and develop prospects, network to identify referrals to new clients/prospects.
• Profile, qualify, and convert prospects into clients.
• Identify and execute on new business opportunities with existing clients.
• Orchestrate appropriate specialist resources to develop tailored, long-term solutions for clients/prospects.
• Present and communicate to clients/prospects complex financial concepts and investment strategies in a way that is easily understood.
• Serve as the client’s advocate and trusted advisor (primary contact) for strategic advice on financial matters.
• Create, organise, and implement a wealth management strategy designed to deepen relationships with existing clients.
• Manage client expectations regarding service and deliverables.
• Ensure financial strategies are kept current and appropriately aligned with client objectives.
• Understand and communicate the risk involved with financial and investment strategies.
• Ensure all client inquiries and problems are handled effectively and resolved.
• Help team members to acquire experience and establish credibility with clients.
Compliance Oversight and Controls
• Comply with all regulatory policies and control procedures regarding client transactions and suitability.
• Oversee and ensure clients are on-boarded appropriately including all required documentation is complete and accurate.
• 3 to 5 years minimum industry experience.
• Established client base with existing AUM.
• SFC licensed.
• CWM or other designation a plus.
English, Mandarin (preferred), Cantonese (preferred).
• Primary Location: Hong Kong
• Schedule: Full-time
• Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or higher
• Better Economics
• Tailored Fees
• Equity Participation
• Full Support
• Investment Advisory Desk
• Deal Flow
• Tactical Ideas
• Unrestricted View
• Large Range of Providers
• Fun Culture
YOUR CLIENT BENEFITS
• Competitive Pricing
• Broader Access
• Buy Ideas
• Discretionary Portfolios
• Investment Advisory
• VIP Client Events
• Discretionary Portfolio Service
• Bespoke Portfolio Mandates
• IPO Allocations & New Bond Issues
• Real Estate Opportunities
• Co-Investment Opportunities
• Differentiated Investment Funds
• Insurance Solutions
• Institutional Solutions
• Open Architecture, Access & Pricing
• Full Product Suite including Credit Facilities
• 24 hours Trading Platform
• Online Access
• Investment Advisory Desk
• Research Desk
• Multi Valuation "Balance Sheet" Solution
• Full front, Middle and Back Office Support