Appen is an award-winning organization. Our people help leading technology companies expand into new global markets. With capability in over 180 languages, Appen’s global network of specialists and in-country virtual teams work together to ensure new products and technologies operate in all the languages our clients need. Whether our clients need help for in-vehicle speech recognition technology, improving search engine performance or building translation software, Appen delivers.
We are proud to have been named in Forbes Magazine as one of the Top 100 Companies Offering Flexible Jobs in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Appen is looking to find a contractor linguist to support our client's NLU development efforts in Malaysian.
- Building up resources to be used for Speech Recognition Software
- Developing grammars for Natural Language Understanding
- Translations of English data into your target language
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Linguistics, Computer Science or Computational Linguistics
- Native level speaker of Malaysian
- Basic Unix skills
- Knowledge of programming of advantage
- Grammars development
- Statistical Models concepts
- Good knowledge of English (written and oral)
- Ability to work independently
- Approximately 20 hours weekly for 6 months
- Start asap
- All work can be done remotely
We take pride in our diverse team and our flexible work opportunities, and as a publicly traded company our efforts and earned us the first place ranking in the FlexJobs Top 100 Companies index. Deloitte also recognized Appen with the 2017 Asia Pacific Technology Fast 500 and the Technology Fast 50 Australia awards.
We are an equal opportunity company and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.