Job Description :
Our client, a Hong Kong's cultural authority is seeking to hire a Theatre Technician to support its operations. The purpose of the Technical and Productions Team is to create and run, to the highest standards, all the technical aspects of the authority Performing Arts facilities, productions, presentations and related projects.
You will be responsible for:
- actively contributing to the efficient running and maintenance of the Technical and Productions Team’s work; ensuring that all technical requirements are fulfilled in a safe and professional manner in accordance with authority’s high standards of delivery to its users;
- supporting the Technical and Productions Team on the technical operations for Performing Arts venues in the district, and cooperating with various parties in the production execution;
- closely working with technicians and show operators, and supporting on the compliance with all authority’s policies, health & safety procedures and statutory regulations;
- implementing the planned preventative maintenance works, assisting in organising technical storage and stock control of the theatre’s technical equipment and infrastructure; and
- taking initiative to keep up to date with current theatre technology and industry best practice; assisting in delivering staff inductions and training assessments within the department on need base.
- 1. have at least an accredited diploma or certificate in Technical Arts or equivalent technical qualification from a recognised tertiary education (fresh graduates welcome) ; OR
- 2. have completed Form 3 education or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year of full-time technical experience in theatre, including the operation and maintenance of theatrical equipment and theatre infrastructure;
- possess experience of working in a professional theatre or performing arts environment, including the experience of working in stage performance / events fit-up and set-up, rehearsals and performances;
- demonstrate general understanding of modern theatre production techniques;
- possess practical knowledge of safe working practice and legislation in the theatre environment, such as working at height, flying system operation, operation of winches and motors, use of lifting or access equipment, stage and sceneries fit-up and set-up, rigging of theatre equipment such as lighting, sound, projectors, scenery and drapes;
- be experienced in operating and maintaining stage machinery, theatre flying system, theatre technical equipment such as light, sound, projector and show control equipment;
- be a good team player and able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- preferably be equipped with knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office suite (including Outlook and Excel); and
- be able to communicate in written and spoken Chinese (Cantonese) and elementary English.
我們的客戶 - 非牟利文化藝術發展機構, 現正籌組一支具備豐富經驗及知識的舞台技術專業團隊。作為團隊一份子，該職位將負責履行劇場不同範疇的技術工作，包括舞台、電腦懸掛、燈光、音響及多媒體投影等。
- (一)持有相關的舞台及製作藝術 (或科藝) 文憑或證書，或持同等或以上學歷，或
- 具有專業劇場或表演藝術的工作經驗； 具入台、綵排及演出的工作經驗;
- 具備AutoCAD及MS Office (包括 Outlook 和 Excel)的電腦應用知識為佳;及能以廣東話及基本英語溝通，閱讀及書寫中文及英文。
To apply for this position, please simply click on the "DIRECT APPLY" bottom. All applications will be treated in strict confidence, and used for recruitment purposes only in accordance with Kelly Services Hong Kong Limited’s Privacy Notice. To apply for more jobs, please visit our website at www.kellyservices.com.hk.